Chapter 11

Kartik invited Aman in.

Kartik was very nervous because of two reasons:

He wanted this night to be perfect

He wanted to ask Aman to be his boyfriend

Aman was no better than Kartik but Aman was just shy as he has never been on an actual date with a boy.

Kartik and Aman made their way to the dinner table and Kartik pulled out the chair for Aman.

Aman blushed and said, "Aren't you a gentleman?"

Kartik sat on his chair.

"Well you gotta be one if you want to impress the prettiest boy"

Aman blushed.

Aman shyly replied "Kartik, I am no where near you in terms of prettiness"

It was now Kartik's turn to blush.

Kartik served Aman.

"Aree, tumne meri favourite sabji banai hai!" (Aww, you made my favourite dish.)

"Han" Kartik blushed again and looked down. (Yeah.)

"Voh bhi kitchen ko jaalai begar!" (That too without burning the kitchen!)

"Shut up!"

Aman ate the first bite and hummed, telling Kartik it was great.

Then Aman and Kartik ate while a comfortable silence settled over them.

After they were done, they left the utensils in the sink.

Kartik asked, "Aman, do you like to dance?"

Aman answered, "Bilkul nhi. Mujhe nachna nhi pasand." (Absolutely no. I don't like to dance.)

"Mere sath dance karoge?" Kartik asked with hopeful eyes. (Will you dance with me?)

"Kartik, mujhe dance karna nhi aata." (Kartik, I don't know how to dance.)

"Don't worry, main hi hu, Aman" (Don't worry, it's just me, Aman.)

"Accha, thik hai. Try karta hu" (Ok. I will try.)

Kartik took Aman's hand and pulled him towards him. Aman crashed into Kartik's chest and blushed.

Kartik gently placed his hand on Aman's waist and Aman's placed his on Kartik's shoulder.

Kartik started to sing 'Mere liye tum kaafi ho' while Aman smiled hearing Kartik sing.

They dance for a while like this then Kartik gently pulled Aman closer to him so their chests were pressed together.

Kartik could feel Aman's warm body against his own. They both stared into each other's big brown eyes.

Suddenly, Aman wrapped his arms around Kartik's neck and buried his face in the crook of Kartik's neck. Kartik could feel Aman's warm breath on his neck, making Kartik get goosebumps. Kartik wraps his arms around Aman's waist and holds him as close as possible.

They stay just like that for a while in a sweet comfortable silence until Kartik said, "Aman, mujhe kuch puchna hai tumse...." (Aman, I want to ask you something....)

"Pucho na, Kartik" Aman whispered into Kartik's neck. (Ask away, Kartik.)

Kartik gently took Aman face out of his neck and cupped his cheeks. He looked into his eyes and said,

"Aman, main janta hu ke mujhe handle karna bahot mushkil hai, main over dramatic bhi hu but main tumhe bahot chahata hu. Tumhare alava shayad koi mere mood swings nhi sehen kar paega." Aman lets out a little giggle at this. (Aman, I know that I am really hard to handle, I am over dramatic but I really like you a lot. I don't anyone else other than you would be able to handle my mood swings.)

"Main tume khush rakhne ki puri koshish karuga. I promise ke tumhe kabhi chhod ke nhi jauga. Toh Aman Tripathi, mere boyfriend banoge?" Kartik finished and waited for Aman to answer. (I will try my best to keep you happy. I promise never to leave you. So Aman Tripathi, will you be my boyfriend?)

Aman was shocked hearing this. His heart started to beat faster. He so badly wanted to smile but he decided to tease his dear Kartik a little.

"Kartik, nhi" Aman said with a very serious face. (Kartik, no.)

Kartik jaw dropped, he stared at Aman in disbelief and he could feel tears swell up in his eyes.

Aman noticed this and immediately said, "Kartik! Kartik, main mazak kar raha hu! I am so sorry!" (Kartik! Kartik, I was just kidding! I am so sorry!)

Kartik hit Aman in the chest and buried his face Aman's neck, "It was not funny at all! You scared me!"

"I am so sorry, boyfriend" Aman grinned.

Kartik's eyes widen at the word boyfriend.

"Sachi, Aman?" (Really, Aman?)

"Han" Aman beamed brightly. (Yeah.)

A smile broke out on Kartik's face. He leaned forward and pecked Aman's cute button nose.

Aman blushed at the gesture.

"Would you like to stay the night?" Kartik asked, not wanting their night to end.