Chapter 12

Kartik and Aman went to Kartik's room. 

Aman wasn't too tired but Kartik was exhausted as he was busy all day planning a perfect date for Aman. 

"Kesi lagi humari date?" (Did you enjoy our date?) 

"Bahot acchi" Aman replied and kissed Kartik's cheek, making Kartik blush. (Yes.) 

"Thank you for doing so much for me, Kartik" 

"Aman, you deserve even more than this" 

"I don't want more than this. I am happy with whatever I have" Aman said while staring at Kartik with longing in his eyes. 

Kartik and Aman cuddled up on Kartik's bed. Kartik was lying on Aman's chest while Aman had his arm wrapped around Kartik. Kartik could hear the constant beat of Aman's heart. 

"Aman, main tumhe apne past ke baare mai batana chahata hu" (Aman, I want to tell you about my past.) 

"Kartik, tumhe batane ki koi zaruzat nhi hai" (Kartik, you don't have to.) 

"Nhi Aman, main chahata hu ke tum mere past ke baare mai jaano" (No Aman, I want to.) 

"Thik hai, Kartik. Par agar tumhe lage ke tum yeh nhi batana chahate toh rukk jana" (Ok, Kartik. But you can stop anytime you want.) 

"Han. Meri maa mujhe janam dete hui hi mar gai thi. Kabhi dekha toh nhi hai mene mummy ko but mujhe pata hai vo bahot pyaar karti thi mujhse. Mera baap mujhe bahot marta tha. Bachpan mai khayal rakha mera par vo bhi shayad iseliye kyu ki main unka beta tha iseliye nhi kyu ki vo mujhse pyaar karte the. Main kuch bhi galat karta tha ya kaam nhi karta tha toh bahot marte the vo mujhe. Nhi raha jata tha unke sath" 

(Yeah. My mum died while giving birth to me. I never saw my mum but I knew she loved me. My father used to abuse me. When I was very small, he took care of me. But I think that was because I was his son not because he loved me. If I used to do anything wrong or didn't do the work he gave me, he hit me then. I couldn't live with him.) 

Kartik closed his eyes as all the bad memories came rushing back to him. Aman kissed Kartik's forehead and gave a little squeeze to Kartik on his waist to let him know he was here for him. 

"Lily ek hi thi vo mujhe samajti thi. Dyhan rakhti thi vo mera. Uske bina mein kya karta mujhe nhi pata. Papa marte the toh uske pas jake main rota tha. Vo mujhe chup karati thi aur bolti thi ke ek din hum yeh sab chizo se durr chalege. Vo pheli insan thi jisse mene apni sexuality batae thi. And she accepted me with open arms and she was actually excited because she always wanted a gay best friend."

(Lily was the only one who understood. She used to take care of me. Without her, I really have no idea where I would be. Whenever my father used to abuse me, I would go to her and cry. She used to calm me down and tell me that one day we would go far away from all this. She was the first person I told my sexuality to. And she accepted me with open arms and she was actually excited because she always wanted a gay best friend.) 

Kartik smiled a little as he got flashbacks of little Lily jumping around with a grin when he told her that he was gay. 

"Mere phele bhi boyfriends the but vo sabne mujhe chhod diya because of the society or because of me being too dramatic or too clingy." 

(I had a few boyfriends in the past but they left me because of the society or because of me being too dramatic or too clingy.) 

Kartik sighed and then a frown settled over Kartik's beautiful face. Aman instantly wanting to turn that frown upside-down. 

"Thode ladkko ne toh punch bhi kiya hai mujhe for thinking ke humare bich friendship se kuch zyada ho sakta hai. Lily ki Delhi mai job lagi fir aur uske papa ne already ek flat le liya tha iseliye she asked me to come with her to Delhi. Obviously mene han bola because yeh actually humara sapna tha. Mene aake job dhund li. Main aur Lily 2 saal se sath reh rahe hai."

(A few guys have even punched me because I thought that we could had something more than friendship. Lily got a job in Delhi and her dad had already bought a flat for her here that's why she asked me to come with her here. Obviously I said yes because this was actually our dream. I got a job here. Me and Lily have been living here for the past two years.)

Aman thought how could someone go through this and still be this happy and confident. Aman's eyes swelled up a bit for how much his Kartik has gone through. 

"Aman, tum bahot lucky ho ke tumhari itni acchi family hai. Varna mujhe hi dekh lo" (Aman, you are very lucky that you have such a nice family.) 

"Kartik, main kabhi bhi tumhe chhod ke nhi jauga. I promise you that I will always be with you. Main tumhara bahot dyhan rakhuga. Tumhare sare mood swings sehen karuga. Tumhe koi chinta karne ki zaruzat nhi hai." (Kartik, I will never leave you. I promise I will always be with you. I will look after you. I will handle all your mood swings. You don't have to worry about a thing.) 

Kartik smiled and placed a kiss on Aman's clothed chest and cuddled even closer to Aman if possible. 

They both heard the front door open and close, letting them know Lily was home. 

Lily went straight into her room and slept as she was to tired too keep her eyes open anymore. 

Aman and Kartik stayed like that in silence. Then Aman heard a little snore and looked down to see Kartik sleeping soundly on his chest. 

Aman kissed Kartik's head and whispered softly, "Good night, boyfriend" 

Then he fell asleep.