Chapter 30

Kartik didn't miss how tense Aman got when he asked the question about Aman's family. 

Aman tried to play it cool cause he didn't want Kartik to know about his family talking about his marriage. He knew that would upset Kartik a lot. 

Aman shrugged, "You know same old typical family reunions. Nothing new." 

Aman was great at acting fine but Kartik could read him like an open book. Kartik gave a little squeeze to Aman's hand and asked softly, "Love, did something happened?" 

"No. No, Kartik. You know the party was a terrible headache, to meet all the nosy relatives and stuff." Aman gave his best fake smile. 

Kartik knew something wasn't right but didn't push Aman any further. 

"I love you." Kartik said, giving Aman a sweet smile which made Aman melt. 

Aman leaned forward to give Kartik a innocent kiss and whispered softly, "I love you too." 

"You make me so happy, Aman. I never thought I could feel something like this. But you made me fall, so hard for you that I can't imagine my life without you now. And you proved me that I am worth loving." Kartik said, feeling himself getting teared up. 

Aman could feel his heart busting out of his chest at the sweet words of Kartik "You make me happy too. So much. You deserve all the love in the world, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Aman stood up and went to the couch, pulling Kartik with him. He pushed Kartik on the couch, straddled him and kissed him. He wanted Kartik to know how much he loved him. He couldn't give a flying fuck about what his family told him about marriage, right now all he cared about was the beautiful boy in front of him who was his. 

"You are so beautiful and you are all mine. No one could ever take me away from you." Aman said, breathlessly. 

"Yours. All yours." Kartik moaned at the thought of being Aman's. 

They made out for half an hour and then cuddled up on the couch. Aman laying on top of Kartik and peacefully resting his face in the crook of Kartik's neck and Kartik softly running his fingers through Aman's hair. 

They both were happy to be back in each other's arms. They missed each other, they craved for each other and finally they were here together. 

____________________________________

"Aman, I still have to give you your birthday present." Kartik smiled shyly. 

"Baby, you don't have to give me anything. I have everything I want right here with me." Aman said lovingly, caressing Kartik's cheek and making them turn red. 

"But yet I got something for you." Kartik said, getting up from the comfortable space he had created in Aman's arms. 

He opened his closet and took out two rings. One of them was attached with a chain. He gracefully sat on the bed with a shy smile. 

"I got us matching rings but I know you don't like rings so much so I got a silver chain so you can wear it as a necklace." Kartik said nervously, not sure if Aman would like his gift or not. 

Aman gently took the ring with the chain from Kartik's soft hands. He saw the ring had a tiny infinity symbol carved on it. He smiled at the thought of having Kartik forever. 

"Would you put it on me?" Aman asked sweetly, loving the fact that he will always have something of Kartik with himself. 

Kartik sighed in relief, "Of course, love." 

Kartik unhooked the chain and gently hooked it back behind his lover's neck, his fingers slightly brushing on Aman's skin. He loved the thought of Aman wearing it all the time. He then took the matching ring and pushed it down on his index finger. 

"I love it, Kartik. Thank you so much." Aman said softly, admiring the ring and then pulling Kartik into a passionate kiss. Kartik smiled against Aman's lips, relieved that he like his gift. 

"I am gonna hold you at least for a week straight." Aman declared. 

"Aww, you miss me that much. I am flattered." Kartik smugly said. 

Aman didn't even try to deny it, wanting Kartik to know he didn't plan on going anywhere without him, "I did. So much. It was torture without you."

Aman buried his face in the crook of Kartik's neck and inhaled deeply. Kartik ran his hand through Aman's still damp hair and kissed him on his shoulder.

"It's alright, love. I missed you too." Kartik whispered. 

"I want to spend the whole day like this. Do you mind?" Aman said, feeling tired as he was exhausted because of thinking too much. 

"Not at all, love." Kartik held Aman tightly while Aman slowly fell asleep in his lover's arms.