Chapter 19

Lily was working in her office on her project. It was around 7 O'clock in the evening when she got a call from an unknown number.

She picked it up, thinking it might be one of the clients, but it wasn't.

"Hello"

"Hello, main Delhi police station se bol raha hu. Aap kisi Kartik Singh ko janti hai?" (Hello, I am spending from Delhi police station. Do you know any Kartik Singh?)

"Han, main janti hu. Kyu?" (Yes, I do. Why?)

"Kartik Singh and unke sath koi ladka hai Aman karke unhe arrest kiya hai" the voice from the other end said and Lily's heart dropped at the pit of her stomach. (Kartik Singh and some boy named Aman are arrested.)

'Kartik and Aman are arrested!' she wanted to scream but kept her urges to herself.

"Kyu arrest hui hai vo dono?" she asked, trying to be as calm as possible. (Why are they arrested?)

"Madam, vo toh aap station aayege toh hi bata sakte hai" (Madam, that can be told only when you come to the station.)

"Accha, thik hai main aati hu" (Ok, ok I am coming.)

She hang up and rested her head down on her desk to calm herself down.

She went to her boss' cabin. She knocked on the glass door. She heard 'come in' and went inside. Her boss, Vivek, was working on his laptop.

"Ohh Lily! Bolo kya hua?" Vivek asked with a smile. (Ohh Lily! What happened?)

Lily was pretty close to her boss and she knew him very well. He was a very calm and non judgmental person. So she didn't hesitant much.

Lily took a deep breath and said, "Sir, I am so sorry. There is an emergency. My friends have been arrested for God knows what. I really need to leave so I can handle the situation. I promise to finish the work today as soon as this is over"

"Lily, it's fine. Calm down. I am not angry. You have been working very hard I can see that. Go to your friends and if you need any help, you can always call me. I have a few contacts with the police here." her boss said and smiled.

"Thank you so much, Sir"

Lily booked an Ola and rushed to the police station.

She entered the police station with a nervous look, hoping these two idiots had not done something illegal.

There was a man sitting on the front desk. She went to him.

"Excuse me, mujhe thode time phele call aaya tha ke Kartik Singh aur Aman Tripathi ko apne arrest kiya hai. Main ussi ke liye aai hu" She said with a small voice. (Excuse me, I received a call saying that Kartik Singh and Aman Tripathi have been arrested. I am here for that.)

"Han, main apko unke paas le jata hu" the man said. (Yes, I will take you to them.)

He took her to where they were. She saw them in the lockup. She can sense they were sacred by the look on their faces.

As soon as they saw her there, both of them let out a sigh of relief.

"Yeh rahe dono. Ek inspector aayega aapse baat karne aur sab bataega" the man said and left. (Here are these two. One inspector will came and explain everything.)

"Thik hai. Thank you" (Ok. Thank you.)

She went to near them, standing face to face with them.

"Kya hua, Dumbo?" Lily whispered. (What happened, Dumbo?)

"Aree yar, yeh logo ne Aman aur mujhe sath mai dekh liya" Kartik said nervously. (Damn it, they saw Aman and me together.)

"Aur kya kar rahe the tum?" Lily asked with eyes wide open. (And what were you two doing?)