Chapter 14

Today was Monday. The day after their date, they spend the rest of the day cuddling. 

Kartik and Aman were at work. They both tried to steal as many glances as possible of each other. 

At their lunch break, they were sitting with their colleagues. They all laughed at something Rahul, one of their colleagues, said. 

While everybody was busy listening to Rahul's story, Aman informed Kartik, "Kartik, aaj mujhe ghar jana padega" Aman whispered. (Kartik, I will have to go home today.) 

"Silly, hum rozz hi toh ghar jate hai" Kartik said, as if it was the most obvious thing. (Silly, we go home everyday.) 

Ever since they have confessed their feelings for each other, Aman didn't go to his home very often, he liked to spend time with Kartik. And he lived alone so it sometimes gets lonely for him, so he stays with Kartik most of the time. Kartik doesn't mind that one bit. 

"Aree nhi idiot, matlab mere ghar jana padega" (No idiot, I mean I will have to go to my house.) 

"Ohh..... Kyu?" Kartik asked sadly, wanting to be with Aman all the time. (Oh... Why?) 

"Papa ko kuch research mai help chahiye toh hum video call pe baat karne wale hai" (Papa wants some in the research so we will talk on video call.) 

"Oh Ok..." Kartik whispered with a little pout. 

Aman came a little close to Kartik and placed his hand gently on Kartik's upper thigh, making sure nobody noticed. 

"Kartik, ek hi toh raat hai, tum itna sad mat ho" (Kartik, it's just one night, don't be sad.) 

"But tumhare paas rehna pasand hai" Kartik pouted even more. (But I like being with you.) 

"Mujhe bhi pasand hai, Kartik, but agar mujhe kabhi apni family se milne jana ho toh fir kya karege hum? Isliye hume thoda durr rehna bhi sikhna padega..." Aman explained. (I like being with you too, Kartik but in the future if I have to visit my family then what will we do? That's why maybe we should learn to be away from each other....) 

Kartik was about to say something when he was interrupted by one of his colleagues, "Tum dono toh apni hi baato mai lag gai ho. Meri itni mast story bhi nhi sunni" (You two again started talking between yourselves. You didn't even hear my great story.) 

"Sorry, kuch kaam ki baat thi" Aman replied. (Sorry, I had to talk to him about something work related.) 

"At least abhi toh kaam chhod, Aman" Kabir said, who was closest to Aman in the office. (At least stop talking about work for a second, Aman.) 

Aman laughed a little. 

_________________________________________

Kartik was still not happy about Aman not coming home with him. But he knew Aman was right, they shouldn't be that dependent on each other that they can't stay a minute without each other. 

Aman was trying to work as fast as possible because he was getting late for that chat with his father. Kartik was done with his work and was waiting for Aman to finish it as they always walk home together.

As soon as Aman finished his work, he knew he would be late if he walked so he decided to book an Ola, thinking he would even drop Kartik on the way. 

The walk from the office to Kartik's house was around 25-30 minutes. And Kartik's house was 5 minutes away from his. He didn't have that much time, it was late and he was already exhausted. 

Aman went to where Kartik was waiting for him and said, "Kartik, mene Ola book ki hai, agar hum chalke jate toh bahot late ho jata" (Kartik, I have booked an Ola, if we would have walked then I would have been very late.)