Chapter 7

Its been 4 days since the incident. Its been 4 days since Kartik and Aman fought. They still haven't talked. 

Kartik did see Aman at work but he couldn't find the courage to talk to him. Everytime he wanted to talk to him, the fear of rejection stopped him. 

Even Aman longed for Kartik to just spare a glance at him or just a little hi from him. 

Aman used to silently work and leave without talking to anyone there until it was necessary. 

While Kartik tried to talk to anyone he can so he'd be able to keep himself distracted. 

Aman noticed this. Everyday. Aman thought Kartik couldn't care less about him. 

Aman was working like every other day when a heard a familiar laugh. A laugh he knew so well, that laugh which he could recognize from miles away. 

Aman glanced at the direction from where that laugh came and saw a guy making Kartik laugh. His Kartik was laughing with another guy without a care in the world while they had a fight.

Aman couldn't help but tear up. He tried so hard to stop his tears but couldn't. 

He stood up very quickly grabbing attention of a lot of people even Kartik and walked quickly to the restroom. 

He went to one of the restroom stalls, locked the door and let his tears fall freely. 

He didn't know what he was feeling after this. Hurt. Anger. Sadness. 

Kartik, on the other hand, felt guilty. He saw Aman leave with tears in his eyes. And Kartik knew why Aman left like that. He realised this was his only chance at saving his friendship with Aman. 

Kartik ran to the restroom. There was only one stall occupied. And Kartik went near that stall. He heard whimpers coming from the stall and his heart shattered into pieces. 

Kartik knocked on the door and said softly, "Aman, open the door. It's me"

"What the fuck could you possibly want now?" Aman spat out coldly. 

Kartik had never heard such coldness in anyone's voice. And he never knew his sweet Aman could ever be this cold

"Aman, please open the door. I am really sorry for ignoring you all these days. I was scared. I know I over reacted that day, Aman. I am sorry for yelling at you like that. But I have been rejected all my life. Please Aman, I am so sorry" 

Aman opened the door and he was met with a face he longed for, for so many days. 

But for Kartik, it was a sight that he never wanted to see again. He saw Aman standing there with a tear stained face. He thought Aman didn't deserve to cry, he only deserves to be happy. 

"Kartik, mujhe pata hai gay hona bahot mushkil hai yaha but hum kar bhi kya sakte hai." (Kartik, I know that being gay is hard for us but we can't do anything about it.)

"Hum?" Kartik asked, looking confused. (Us?)

"Han, hum" Aman said, looking down. (Yes, us.) 

"Tum bhi?" Kartik asked as his eyes widen at that statement. (You too?) 

"Han" Aman said, blushing. (Yeah.) 

Kartik didn't think about anything else and hugged Aman as tightly as he could. 

Kartik whispered, "I am so sorry" 

Aman returned the hug just as tightly as Kartik. 

Kartik buried his face in the crook of Aman's neck. 

And they wished they could stay like that forever. 

They made up!🙈