Chapter 17

"Dumbo, Aman kaha hai?" Lily asked, eyes not leaving the laptop screen as she was working. (Dumbo, where is Aman?) 

It has been a week and it was one of those days where Lily didn't see Aman with Kartik. She was surprised because they were always attracted at hip. 

"Usse family ka kuch kaam tha toh vo uske relative ke ghar gaya hai" Kartik said sadly, not used to being without Aman. (He had to do some family stuff so he has gone to his relative's house.) 

"Ohh accha.... Toh tumaha kya plan hai?" (Ohh Ok.... So what's your plan?) 

"Kuch nhi, ghar pe relax karuga" (Nothing, being home and relaxing.) 

Lily took off her reading glasses and looked at Kartik sadly. 

"Dumbo, tum jabse relationship mai aai ho tabse humne acche se baat hi nhi ki hai" Lily said, realising how much she missed spending time with Kartik. (Dumbo, ever since you got in a relationship, we haven't talked properly.) 

Kartik glanced at Lily and he didn't even remember when was the last time they spend a day together. He has been ignorant towards Lily because of his relationship. 

Kartik got up and hugged Lily as tight as he could, wanting to make up for all the time he didn't spend with Lily. 

"I am so sorry, Lily. How about we spend the whole day together? And I promise to spend one whole day with you every two weeks, no matter what happens"

"Yes, Dumbo. I would love that" Lily smiled sadly. 

Lily let out a sad laugh and she brought her hand up to caress Kartik's cheek saying, "Mera Dumbo bada ho gaya hai ab. He's making commitments for life now. I am very to happy you found someone who loves you for who you are" (My Dumbo has grown so much. He's making commitments for life now. I am very happy you found someone who loves you for who you are.) 

"I love Aman. Like bahot zyada" (I love Aman. Like a lot.) 

"Mujhe pata hai. Chalo ab senti mat ho. You know I met a boy!" (I know. Don't be so senti now. You know I met a boy!)

"Really?! Naam kya hai? Kya karta hai? Tharki toh nhi hai na? And--" (Really?! What's his name? What does he do? He's not a pervert, is he? And--) 

"Dumbo! Calm down. Uska naam Dhruv hai. He is a charted account in the company I work." (Dumbo! Calm down. His name is Dhruv. He is a character accountant in the company I work.)

"Kese mile tum dono?" (How did you two meet?) 

Then Lily narrated her whole story to Kartik. 

"When can I meet him? I want to have the father talk with him"

"Dumbo, please usse dara mat dena. I really like him" (Dumbo, please don't scare him. I really like him.) 

Kartik rolled his eyes, "Han, mujhe usse darana nhi hai but usse pata hona chahiye ke agar usne tujhe hurt kiya toh fir-" (Yeah. I don't want to scare him but he should know if he hurt you then-) 

"Aww! You are so protective" 

"Of course I am. Nobody hurts my bitch"

They spend their Sunday, talking, laughing and watching movies. 

Both of them missing how their old days used to be. 

_______________________________________

"You are so short and foldable" Kartik cooed, pinching Aman's cheeks. 

It was Thursday, Aman and Kartik had returned from work, ate dinner and went to their room. Kartik pulled Aman closer to him, noticing how short Aman is as compared to him. 

"Kartik no! I am not short! I am average! You are the one who's a giant!" Aman whined. 

"Yeah, babe. Keep believing that" Kartik rolled his eyes. 

"Shut up Kartik!" 

Kartik fakely gasped, "That is no way of talking to royalty" 

"I am so sorry, your highness" Aman rolled his eyes. 

"Hey! You don't roll eyes at your master!" 

"Ok then. I didn't want to do this but you have left me with no choice" Aman said calmly. 

Kartik quirked an eyebrow, not knowing what was cooking in Aman's mind. 

Aman pushed Kartik on the bed and hovered over him, pinning his hands with one hand and with the other, he started to tickle Kartik. 

Kartik started to giggle and tried to free his hands from Aman's grip. But Aman was stronger than he looks. 

"Aman! Stop! I am sorry! Please stop!" 

"No. I love seeing you like this" 

"It's not fair! You are not ticklish!" 

"That's too bad for you, isn't it?" 

"Aman please!" 

Aman stopped and looked down at Kartik, seeing how beautiful he looked. He leaned down and captured Kartik's lips with his own.

He let go of Kartik's hands and pulled Kartik on top him without breaking the kiss. He trailed his hand from Kartik's back to his butt, giving it a little squeeze. 

Kartik moaned against Aman's mouth. 

"Oh God. How can manage to be so cute yet so hot at the same time?" Aman whispered. 

"That's one of my talents, baby" 

Kartik connected their lips again. 

No, they didn't make love as they have already talked about that and agreed on doing it when both of them are ready. 

So they made out until they were out of breath and fell asleep in each other's arms.