Chapter 4

"Seriously, is it necessary to watch a horror movie?" Kartik said. 

Lily knew Kartik was scared of horror movies and she thought this might be the perfect idea to get him and Aman even closer. 

"Dumbo, you know there is no fun without a horror movie. Aman, what do you say?" 

"Mujhe koi problem nhi hai" Aman said. (I don't have any problem.) 

And Kartik knew Lily had won. 

~~~~~~~~~

They decided to watch 'The Exorcist' 

Kartik was very much sure after this movie he wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks. 

Aman noticed how scared Kartik looked already and said, "Don't worry Kartik, I will protect you from all the ghosts" 

Kartik looked at Aman with such fond in his eyes and squealed,"My knight in shining armour!" 

Lily laughed looking at these two dorks. 

As the movie started, Kartik was scared shitless. He was so scared that he jumped on Lily and hid his face in her neck. 

Lily knew this would happen Kartik will jump onto her for comfort. And she already had a plan for it. 

After around 20 minutes later, Lily's phone rang. And Kartik screamed as he was so scared from unexpected voice coming from the phone. 

Lily got Kartik off of her and went to answer the phone. It was all a part of her plan. She pretended to angry at the person who was calling her and hung up the phone. 

Then she told them, "Guys, I am so sorry! I have to make an urgent presentation for the meeting that is tomorrow. You guys continue to watch it, don't ruin your fun because of me"

Just like that she went to her room and shut the door. Kartik froze and just started at the door which Lily had just shut. 

Kartik understood all this was her plan to get him close to Aman. 

Kartik screamed for another two or three times before Aman couldn't help but feel sympathy for the poor boy. 

"Kartik... " Aman said softly.

 "Yes" Kartik replied, looking like he was gonna piss his pants. 

"Come here..." Aman said opening his arms. At first, Kartik thought he heard wrong. Kartik's heart fluttered. He started at Aman for a good one minute before going into Aman's arms. 

Kartik immediately felt warm. Even Aman could feel his heart beating faster than ever. 

Now whenever a horror scene came, Kartik hid his face in Aman's chest. And Aman even held him tighter. Kartik had never felt such comfort in somebody's arms. And he wanted to stay in them forever. 

Lily peeped through the door and saw them cuddled up and smiled because her planned had worked.