Chapter 32

2 Weeks later

It's been a two weeks since Devika joined and the rumours of Kartik and Devika dating spread like wildfire in the office. 

Aman's colleagues asked him if they were dating or not as they knew Kartik and Aman were very close. He just shrugged and told them that he doesn't know. 

Aman didn't like it. He knew Kartik has gotten close to Devika and they were seen together all the time. Aman sometimes felt neglected but the voice of Kartik telling him that he only loves Aman calms him down. 

Even Lily had noticed something was wrong with Aman and she asked him about it yesterday. 

Flashback 

"Aman, you okay? You have been upset lately." Lily politely asked. 

Kartik was taking a shower while Aman was helping Lily make breakfast. Aman and Lily had managed to form a decent friendship, knowing if they needed each other, they didn't need to hesitate then.

"Am I that obvious?" Aman shyly asked, making Lily let out a giggle. 

"Yes, you are. Now tell me what's bothering you?" Lily smiled. 

Aman sighed, "Do you know Devika who recently joined our firm?" 

"Yes, Kartik told me about her. She sounded pretty cool. What about her?" Lily furrowed her eyebrows. 

"She likes Kartik. I mean she hasn't told me that but I just know from the way she looks at him. I just do. And Kartik has been spending a lot of time with her. Giving her all the attention I want." Aman confessed. 

"Wow. Definitely you got some of Kartik's habits." Lily laughed, making Aman smile a little. 

"Yeah, that's what I said to Kartik too." 

"See, Aman, I have known Kartik since he was a little kid who used his dye his hair in colours you can't imagine. And trust me when I say this, I think he gets gayer everyday. He's literally scared of boobs and vaginas. And the main thing is that he loves you. A lot. More than even me. Which is a lot. " Lily rolled her eyes before continuing, "Seriously, you don't have to worry about that girl stealing Kartik away because trust me, Kartik only loves you." 

"I am not scared of her stealing Kartik but I feel a little neglected sometimes and I don't like it. And people in our department have literally been asking me if Kartik and Devika are dating. What the hell am I supposed to answer to that?" Aman said, a little louder than his normal tone. 

"Then talk to Kartik, Aman. Communicate with him so he can understand you." Lily suggested. 

"Okay, I will." 

End of flashback 

Aman made a mental note to talk to Kartik during lunch. Aman started to build a conversation in his head about how he will explain everything to Kartik. 

Kartik was typing speedily on the keyboard when Devika came and greeted Kartik. Kartik looked up and gave her a smile. 

"Kartik, I have been wanting to ask you something." Devika said shyly. 

"Yes, ask away." Kartik said with the constant smile. 

"Will you go on a date with me?" Devika asked Kartik with a shy smile.