Chapter 18

"Date par chaloge, Kartik?" Aman asked, grinning. (Will you go on a date with me, Kartik?) 

It was Friday night. They both were cuddled up in Kartik's bed. Kartik was trying to sleep with his face buried in Aman's neck. Kartik had a long day at work and was exhausted. 

"Aman, tumhe pata hai na ke mujhe koi problem nhi hai ghar pe rehne mai. Kyu tumhe date par le jana hai mujhe?" Kartik said followed by cute yawn. (Aman, you know I am perfectly fine with staying at home. Then why do you want to take me on a date?) 

"Kartik, pleaseeee" Aman whined. He pouted and looked at Kartik with puppy eyes. 

"Ughhh. Stop with that look. Fine. Fine. Hum date par ja rahe hai" (Ughhh. Stop with that look. Fine. Fine. We are going on a date.) 

"I love you sooooo much, baby" Aman hugged Kartik so tightly that Kartik couldn't breath. 

Kartik pushed Aman away gently. 

"Aman, you don't suffocate the person you love" Kartik said, breathing heavily. 

"Oh sorry, baby. I was overwhelmed"

Kartik rolled eyes at his dorky boyfriend "Yeah. I get it. Now let me sleep"

Kartik fell asleep in Aman's comfy arms. 

______________________________________

Today was Sunday. They were going on a date today. Aman thought a movie and then dinner would be nice. But the real reason Aman had planned this because he had bought a second hand bike for the both of them. Aman wanted to surprise Kartik. 

Aman put on a striped shirt and black jeans. Aman walked out of his building and went near their new bike. He got on it, started it and drove to where Kartik lived. 

He called Kartik telling him that he waiting for him down. 

Kartik walked out of his building. He was wearing a white Tom and Jerry T-shirt, green jacket and black ripped jeans. Aman thought he looked gorgeous like always. 

Kartik saw Aman sitting on a bike and said, "Chalo chalte hai" (Let's go.) 

"Han, betho" (Yes, sit.) 

"Matlab bike pe?" (You mean on the bike?)

"Han toh aur kaha!" Aman giggled a bit. (Yes obviously!)

"Aman, kaha se chori karke laye ho?!" Kartik gasped. (Aman, where did you steal this from?) 

"Kartik, pagal ho kya?! Yeh humari bike hai" Aman explained. (Kartik, are you crazy?! This is our bike.) 

"Seriously?! Like humari?" (Seriously?! Like ours?) 

"Han. Yehi mera surprise tha. Second hand hai but acche se check karke hi li hai. Abhi main tumhe pick up aur drop bhi kar sakta hu. Aur if I spend the night then hum sath mai ja sakte hai kaam pe. Ab no walking" Aman beamed. (Yes. This was my surprise. It's second hand but I have checked it properly. Now I can pick you up and drop you off. And if I spend the night then we will go together to work. Now no walking.) 

"Aman!" Kartik yelled and jumped on Aman to hug him. 

Aman almost lost his balance but managed to catch Kartik and balance the bike. 

"Chalo ab jaldi se betho varna movie chalu ho jaigi" (Let's go or else the movie will start.)

Kartik sat behind Aman and held him tightly. During the ride, Kartik told Aman about how he slipped in the shower and landed on his butt and now his butt is sore because of it. Aman laughed at that and teased Kartik by saying he would kiss it better. Kartik blushed at that. 

Finally, they reached the theatre. Kartik wanted to watch 'Wazir' because Amitabh Bachchan was his favourite. 

Aman bought the tickets and popcorn. They went to screen 2. The movie had just started. They quickly took their seats and relaxed.

During the whole movie, they were holding hands. Aman tried to steal as many glances as possible of Kartik while Kartik was more focused on the movie. 

They walked out of the theatre with a smile. Kartik loved the movie and Aman wasn't very focused on the movie but seeing Kartik happy, made him smile. 

Aman asked Kartik where did he wanted to have dinner. Kartik said that he hadn't eaten at McDonald's for a long time and he would love to eat there. 

They went to the nearest McDonald's. They went in and took a seat. 

"Kartik, kya khaoge tum?" (Kartik, what will you have?) 

"A McVeggie, peri peri fries and coke. You?" 

"I will have a McSpicy paneer, fries and sprite" 

"Mein order karke aata hu" Kartik offered. (I will go and order.) 

"Ek min, paise toh lelo" (Wait, let me pay.) 

"Aman, you paid for the tickets. Let me pay for dinner"

"Nhi Kartik, main tumhe date pe laya hu. Main hi pay karuga" (No Kartik, I asked you on a date. I will pay.)

"Aman, please, let me" 

"Nhi Kartik, chalo betho, main hi order karke aata hu" Aman said with a slight tone of dominance. (No Kartik, go and sit, I will go and order.) 

"Aman please" Kartik said, pouting and showing his puppy eyes. 

Aman sighed, "Kartik please, stop that. Ok. How about we dutch?" 

"That's fine by me!" Kartik grinned in victory. 

After eating the delicious dinner😋

They walked out of McDonald's. 

"Kartik, drive pe chalna hai?" Aman asked, not wanting the date to end. (Kartik, can we go on a drive?) 

"Han! Kyu nhi?!" Kartik said, joyfully. (Yes! Why not?!) 

They drove to nowhere for an hour. The gentle breeze against their faces made them feel so free. So fearless. Like nothing can ever tear them apart. The society norms can go and fuck itself. The people who call their love a sin can go to hell. They didn't care about what the world thought about them. They loved each other. That's all that mattered for them. 

They finally reached outside of Kartik's building. Kartik got off from the bike. He kissed Aman's cheek and hugged him, whispering 'I love you' in his ear. Aman blushed and whispered it back. 

They broke away from each other. Both feeling tingles in their bodies. 

"Main tumhe kl pick up karuga" Aman said, wanting to stay the night but he knew Kartik needed sometime with Lily. (I will pick you up tomorrow.) 

"Yeah. Good night and have wet dreams about me" Kartik said, cheekily 

Aman blushed and whispered a small 'Good night' to Kartik. 

Kartik was giggling and squealing around the house as soon as he stepped inside. 

"I can see you had a great time, Dumbo" Lily said with a smile. 

"I did" Kartik said, dreamily. 

Aman reached home and went to bed. All he could think about was how much he loved Kartik pressed against him.