Chapter 27

Kartik's POV

I woke up with a groan. Damn that alarm! I hate waking up early. I checked my phone to see it was only 7 in the morning and I usually wake up at 7:30 to go to work. My eyes fell on the date. 

1st September, 2016

Oh shit! Today's Aman's birthday. How could I forget that?! 

I immediately video called Aman, wanting to be the first to wish him. I know I act like a kid but don't judge me, this is Aman's first birthday that he will celebrate with me! Or maybe with me virtually. 

He picked up the call after 5 rings. He looked so sleepy and cute! All ready for a good cuddle. 

"Hello, love. Happy birthday!" 

"Thanks, Kartik." he smiled, sleepily. 

"You look so cute." I cooed. 

"No, Kartik. You look cute. I look hot." he said smugly. 

I rolled my eyes and changed the subject, "Did I wake you up?" 

"Han. Kl family ke sath tha toh thak gaya tha." he said with a yawn, making him look so adorable. (Yeah. Yesterday, I was with my family so I was tired.) 

I just want to eat him! Not literally, I am not into cannibalism. 

My eyes drifted to his torso where I saw my white sweatshirt which I wore a few days ago. 

"Hey! Vo meri sweatshirt hai?" (Hey! Is that my sweatshirt?) 

He blushed, not meeting my eyes and mumbled shyly, "Yes. I knew I would miss you a lot so I stole a few sweatshirts and a jacket of yours."

My heart swelled, making me smile so wide that my cheeks started to hurt. I grabbed his shirt and the monkey and held it up so he can see them. 

"I too slept with them. I cuddled this monkey instead of you." 

A sad smile appeared on his face and he blew me a kiss which I caught and held it against my heart. Then we just stared at each other, taking in every feature of each other. 

Suddenly, a voice broke our intense stare. 

"Aman, uth ja ab. Sab tujhe wish karne ke liye uth gai hai" a feminine voice said. (Aman, wake up. Everyone is awake to wish you.) 

"Han! Uth gaya hu. Aa raha hu." he yelled. (Yes! I am up. I am coming.) 

He looked back at me with a smile but I could see sadness behind his eyes. 

"Kartik, mujhe ab jana hai. Sorry. Main jese hi free honga, call karuga. I love you, Kartik." he said. (Kartik, I have to go. Sorry. I call you as soon as I am free. I love you, Kartik.) 

"Han. I love you too, Aman." I whispered and tried to smile but failed miserably. (Yeah, I love you too, Aman.) 

"Ek smile toh dede yar. Uske sahare hi ab din guzarna padega, jaan." (Just give me one smile. That's the only thing that will keep me going, love.) 

His statement made me smile immediately. We whispered our goodbyes and hang up. 

I sighed, knowing today is going to be a long day. 

Aman's POV

As soon as I hung up, I started to miss him again. After brushing, I pulled myself together and walked out of my room. 

I saw everyone cheer as they noticed me walking down. Everybody was hugging me and wishing me birthday. 

"Happy birthday, beta. Kitna bada ho gaya hai mera beta." my father said, joyfully. (Happy birthday, son. You have grown so much.)