Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sugar Foxes and Sunlight

Bai Qian and Yehua watched Donghua Dijun send Cang'yi away as their jaws dropped. Bai Qian rubbed her eyes and watched her niece embrace the former Heavenly Lord. What's even crazier was the fact that Dijun actually hugged her back! When Dijun finally took Fengjiu away from their sight, Bai Qian looked at Yehua with wide eyes.

"Did you just see what I think I saw?" Bai Qian demanded as Yehua looked at her with an open mouth. He tried to speak but ended up closing his mouth. In all the years he's known Donghua Dijun, he's never seen anything or anyone that got his attention. Seeing him embracing Qingqiu's Queen was a very shocking sight for him as well. He looked at Bai Qian helplessly and nodded his head.

Bai Qian was very confused. She couldn't be sure, but her niece's love didn't seem so one-sided anymore. Bai Qian suddenly felt depressed when she remembered that Little Jiu would soon.... cease to exist. She felt very awful for her only niece who she like her daughter. Her short life was about to end and the man she loved didn't seem to love her back.

Bai Qian looked at Yehua and suddenly felt thankful. Thank god you love me too. She looked at him and suddenly wanted to cry. She hugged him tightly as Yehua finally realized that Bai Qian seemed to be very sad.

"Qian Qian what's wrong? Are you upset about Fengjiu and Dijun?" Bai Qian only shook her head and buried her head to his chest. "Yehua.... We need to move up our wedding," Bai Qian murmured as she continued hiding her face from him. Yehua knew that Bai Qian wanted to move up their wedding, but he was clueless as to why. He hugged her tightly and waited for her to calm down.

"Yehua... Xiao Jiu's heavenly trial is coming soon," Yehua only felt confused. He knew that the Queen of Qingqiu has yet to become a High Goddess, but he didn't understand why this made Bai Qian sad. He waited for her to continue before hearing her muffled sobs. Alarmed, he patted Bai Qian's back as she continued sobbing. He was very distressed. What could have happened to make Bai Qian sob like this?

"She... S-she lost all her cultivation," Bai Qian sobbed through her sentence. Yehua suddenly understood and his face went pale. Lost all her cultivation? Then doesn't that mean- No. Yehua refused to believe that his young niece-in-law who was barely 35,000 years old would perish just like that. Bai Qian continued to sob and Yehua let her.

"She doesn't have long... She wants to marry Donghua Dijun and live with him as husband and wife until her heavenly trial... I want to stop her... But I know more than anyone that only Xiao Jiu will only love Dijun until she perishes. Yehua... Tell me what should I do? She's so young..." Bai Qian continue confirming Yehua's own fears. That poor child... Yehua felt stifled. He also witnessed just how much Fengjiu loved Dijun. He wondered if he should tell Dijun what was about to happen to Fengjiu... Then maybe he would yield a bit more to her. Before he could resolve to tell Dijun, Bai Qian looked up at him.

"Yehua you can't tell Dijun... Xiao Jiu doesn't want him to know. She will stay with him until a week before her heavenly trial, then tell him that she will go to the mortal realm to travel and gather experience as Queen of Qingqiu," Just like that, Yehua abandoned the thought of telling Donghua Dijun that his little fox was about to perish.

*****

Fengjiu was making some sugar foxes as Dijun sat down on the bamboo mat reading a sutra. Fengjiu was humming something as Dijun looked at her. Her eyes seemed to be shining brighter than usual and it made Dijun stare a bit longer. Fengjiu was oblivious as she took out one of the sugar foxes and turned to look at him.