Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I love you

Warning: Mature Content

Fengjiu was looking at the mirror, wearing her red wedding robes. Her heart was beating so fast, it was getting hard to breather. After exploring that morning, Donghua had given her a brocade box and told her to get ready. She didn't know what she was supposed to get ready for, but when she opened the box, her hands froze as her eyes started tearing up.

He was actually planning a ceremony?

The person that interrupted them earlier was Zhong Lin. He had to tell Dijun that everything was ready for their wedding ceremony in the Holy Blue Sea. Zhong Lin tried not to be shocked, but he was indeed very shocked. He never thought the master he had been serving for many years, would actually get married. Donghua only nodded and told him to withdraw before taking Fengjiu to the Holy Blue Sea.

The knocking sound coming from her door drew Fengjiu out of her thoughts as she inhaled deeply before covering herself with the bridal veil. "Come in." They were the only ones that were in this place right now. There were even no servants.

Donghua entered the room and paused at the sight of Fengjiu. He suddenly thought back to when he married her in the mortal realm. This time, I'm never letting go of her. He silently resolved as he made his way to his bride.

Donghua gently embraced Fengjiu from behind and watched her through the mirror. Fengjiu couldn't see Donghua because of the bridal veil, but she would have blushed at the passionate gleam in his eyes. Donghua held her hand and led her to another room where a table was set up with candles, fresh fruits, tea, cake, and wine.

Donghua was also clad in a red wedding robe, abandoning his usual purple robes as he led Fengjiu to kneel down in front of the makeshift altar. Side by side, they first bowed to their family. Then they bowed to their ancestors. Lastly, they bowed to each other. Donghua has never bowed to anyone in his life, as the Heavenly Emperor of all the realms, but he willingly bowed to Fengjiu, his Jiu'er, his wife.

After they completed their bows, Donghua stood up and held his hand out to his wife. He led her to sit in front of a table where the wedding wine was prepared. In the mortal world, drinking the wedding wine meant they had to stay together through thick and thin, to take part in each other's joys and sorrows. To immortals, it meant staying together for as long as they lived. Fengjiu stared at the wedding wine with furrowed brows. She knew what it meant but she never thought she'd be drinking it with Donghua. Although she wanted to stay with him forever, it's not possible anymore.

Donghua raised the cup to his lips and drank it all. Fengjiu looked at him before raising her own cup and drinking the wine. Maybe Donghua doesn't know what it means... He's just going through the formalities.

After finishing their wine, Donghua turned to face Fengjiu and slowly lifted her wedding veil. Her eyes seemed to be twinkling so brightly right at this moment. It made Donghua's heart hurt. He carried her princess style as her arms went up to circle his neck. They stared at each other in silence. There were countless things he wanted to say to her, but right now, nothing mattered except the woman in front of him.

Donghua suddenly leaned down and aggressively kissed her. It expelled any sense of rationality from them both, nothing could stop it. Donghua pushed past Fengjiu's lips as he kissed her ferociously. Fengjiu kissed him back with just as much passion. Donghua couldn't seem to get enough as he continued kissing her.