Special # 1

Special Chapter 1

In Another Future

Fengjiu stood in front of the Taichen Palace gates. She was desperately trying to convince the guards to let her in. She had sneaked into Taichen Palace in her fox form the night before, laying beside Donghua to sleep. Donghua had rejected her proposal this morning and told her to get out. She wanted to ask him one more time. Just until my Heavenly Trial. 

"Donghua Dijun refuses to see you."

"No! Please tell him I have something important to tell him," Fengjiu asked the guard desperately. She didn't have enough magic to fight her way in with her cultivation depleted. She was about to ask again when Donghua appeared in front of her.

"Queen of Qingqiu, what are you doing here?" Donghua asked with a cold voice.

Queen of Qingqiu? Why was he calling her that?

"Donghua I-"

"It's better for you to leave," He cut-off as he turned around to leave.

"Wait! Donghua!" Fengjiu ran after him trying to catch up but he disappeared.

"Donghua!" Fengjiu tried to look for him but she did not have enough magic.

"Donghua!"

"Donghua!"

*****

Donghua was sitting on his chair tensely, his tea had gone cold. He was waiting for Si Ming's report. It had been seven days since Fengjiu had snuck into his room and asked him to marry her, but he refused. He had sent her away the next morning, even when she returned to the gates to plead.

"Donghua will you marry me? We only need to be together until my Heavenly Trial, not forever. After I pass my trial, my father will be convinced I can live without a prince consort. We can separate then.... Then I would keep my father from worrying and we won't need to stay together forever so.... That.... That's not defying fate is it?"

Her words echoed in Donghua's head as he tapped his fingers on his arm rest impatiently. Si Ming had gone to Qingqiu everyday for the past seven days but could get no information regarding Fengjiu. Qingqiu had gone on lockdown since Fengjiu went back. He was fine with it the first few days. It was normal if Fengjiu didn't want to see him after he had sent her away. Now that a week had passed, Donghua couldn't help himself anymore and sent Si Ming on orders to use his name to get into Qingqiu.

He was wondering why Fengjiu refused to see her own friend Si Ming. He understands if she didn't want to see him, but why not her friend? As he was thinking about this, Si Ming ran into his study panting. His face was very pale, and his expression shaken. Donghua felt a bad feeling rise in his gut, but he pressed it down to ask, "What happened? Why hasn't there been news for seven days?"

Si Ming fell on his knees as he clasped his hands to a bow. "Di-Dijun..." He stuttered. He couldn't believe the news himself. Donghua furrowed his brows at the stuttering Star Lord. "What?" His voice was cold, but Si Ming could hear the concealed panic. He didn't know how to break it to the former Heavenly Emperor. He couldn't believe it himself.

"Dijun... He-Her Highness.... Little Highness..." Si Ming continued to stutter making Donghua angry. He slammed the table making the teacup break and spill cold tea. "Spit it out." Si Ming took deep breaths trying to calm himself.

"Her Highness Fengjiu has met her fated calamity."

Everything in Donghua's body turned cold. Colder than it ever had before. Si Ming's voice echoed in his head. Her Highness Fengjiu has met her fated calamity. Jiu'er has met her fated calamity. His hands trembled as he slammed the table harder. His eyes were glaring holes at Si Ming as he continued to kneel. "You dare lie to me?!"