Eight

FYI, didn't think it'd go in this direction and I didn't think it would escalate this quickly 😂😅

Demi

Demi Lovato, 31, spotted carrying 17 month old daughter, Paisley, into the emergency department at Cedars Sinai at 3am with The Young and The Restless Star, Max Ehrich.

"I hate the fucking papz" Max pressed a kiss to the top of my head as I kept myself cuddled into his side. It's been over an hour since I stormed off the ward and I haven't yet heard anything from Matthew. I'm hoping the surgery will be finished soon because I need to see Paisley. "It was 3am, do they seriously have nothing better to do?" Max ran his fingers through my hair as I locked my phone and dropped it into my lap with a groan.

"It's the life you live, Baby."

"I sometimes wish I didn't, more so since I had Paisley."

"Her face was blurred out in the photos?" I nodded and pulled myself away from Max.

"They have too, otherwise I can sue them" Max lightly chuckled and my mouth ever so slightly tugged at the corners. "I hate that we still haven't heard anything" Max stroked a strand of hair behind my ear as I sighed, tears suddenly blurring my vision. "What if something's happened? What if she...?" Max cupped my face in his hands and turned me to face him.

"Don't think like that, Demi" his eyes bore into mine. "You don't want to go there, Baby" I circled my arms around his neck and cuddled myself into him. The silence fell around us, it breaking a moment later by my phone ringing from where it sat on my lap. I pulled away so quickly, my heart hammering against my chest. I wiped at my cheeks but couldn't hide my disappointment at the caller ID.

"Hi, Momma" I placed the phone to my ear.

"Why are you at the hospital, Demi?" straight to the point.

"Paisley's in surgery having her appendix removed" Max played with a strand of my hair as I stared down at the floor.

"And why didn't you call me?" I shrugged my shoulders and chewed down on my lower lip as the tears began their journey down my cheeks.

"I don't know" Max pressed his lips against my temple as I sobbed, his arm wrapping gently around me.

"Oh, Baby. You should have called me, Demi" I nodded as I wiped at my cheeks and sniffled. "You want me and your dad to come down to the hospital?" I shook my head even though she couldn't see me.

"She's still in surgery, I-I'll just call you when she's out."

"You better, Demi, okay?" I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Okay, Baby. I love you. When she gets out, give her a kiss from her nana and papi, okay?" I sniffled and wiped at my cheeks.

"I will do. Love you too, Mom" she hung up and I curled myself into Max, my face hidden in his neck. I pulled away from Max the moment that my phone started to ring again on my lap. My heart rapidly thumped against my chest at the caller ID. This is the call that I've been waiting for since I stormed from the ward. "Matthew?" Max sat up straight and watched me intently.

"She's out, Dems."

"Is she okay?" my hand covered my mouth as tears welled up in my eyes.

"She's still asleep but the surgery was a success" I dropped into Max, my hand covering my mouth as I sobbed out in relief. "She's going to be fine, Dems" Max pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Damien isn't here, he left. Come up and see her. She would want her mommy here when she wakes up" I nodded through my sobs.

"I'll be straight up."

I didn't give a shit where Damien had gone. My only focus right at this moment is getting to my little princess.

-

"Mama" I covered my mouth to stifle my sob as Paisley groaned awake. I tightened my grip around her hand and smiled through my tears.

"Hi, Princess" I leant to press a kiss to her forehead. "Daddy's here too, Beautiful" I stroked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled wider as her eyes fluttered open. "How are you feeling, Princess?"

"Owie" she pointed to her stomach and Matthew and I shared a look and lightly chuckled.

"Yeah, Baby Girl, you've got an owie" Matthew took her hand in his and pressed a kiss to the back of it. "Daddy had the same owie too when he was little" Paisley looked to Matthew with her mouth hanging open and I don't think she fully understood what he was talking about. I mean, she isn't even two, of course she doesn't understand.

"Daddy, owie?" she pointed at his tummy.

"Yeah, and daddy still grew big and strong. You're going to be such a little warrior, Princess. Just like your mama."

"Your mommy and daddy's little warrior princess" Paisley lightly giggled. I could tell that she was still extremely tired. "Why don't you try and get some more sleep, Baby Girl?" I stroked my fingers gently through her hair.

"Song."

"You want me to sing, Baby?" she nodded in reply. "Okay, Gorgeous. You ready?" I pressed a kiss to her forehead before I softly began to sing.

'I can't sleep tonight
Wide awake and so confused
Everything's in line
But I am bruised
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?
I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me
Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale...'

I love watching Paisley fall to sleep, it's the most amazing sight to me. I could cry every time I just get these moments to sit and watch her. She is my little princess and I couldn't imagine my life without her.

——