Chapter 32: Do us Part

Three months after the Outbreak

David stared at Michael with intense eyes. The wind had stopped with the crows and everyone else silent. The young man's mind was drowned with thoughts and blocked out any sound. The heat and the cold had no effect as his soul floated out of his body. It was as if every face was in his field of view. Bob had his hands draped over his right knee. Caroline's furrowed bros while Peter held her left hand. Ariel's faint wince. Jack's glare.

David stared at him with intensity, his face was frozen into a smirk as sharp as a knife. His blue eyes sparkled into hypnotic kaleidoscopes. Michael fiddled the ring around his finger. With discretion, the young man moved it up and down.

"David." Michael sighed. "I... I'm sorry, I c-"

The loud steps of a guard stomped in. "Sir, the-the"

"WHAT?!" David shouted.

With wide eyes, the man pointed his shaky hand toward the right.

"The-the-the clown," he mumbled.

"A clown?" David rose an eyebrow. "I didn't asked for a clown at the wedding."

High-pitched fits of laughter blended with wet croaks. A tattered red glove grabbed the corner of the funhouse. A dislocated shadow lingered from behind the attraction. David's armed men gathered in front of the funhouse and directed their weapons at it. From behind the yellow metallic wall emerged a pallid pointy face. Reddish goo dripped from its mouth. A gash holed its right cheek as golden tentacles danced out of it.

"Ha-HA-hA-HA-HA-HA-HA!" laughed the clown while he cranked his head at ninety degrees.

"Shoot!" ordered David.

A curtain of bullets flung at the jester's face, which clawed at its skin until it was flayed out. Akin to a gift being unwrapped, its derm peeled off. Under it, a colony of amber tentacles spread out. They held its face as if it was a mask.

The tendrils clapped the jaws similar to a chattering teeth toy.

"Hohohohahahahihihi!" exploded out of the colorful abomination.

A harlequin body lurched by, guided by the head of tentacles. Wounds pierced its torso as if it had been a pirate inside a barrel of swords. Its left arm elongated thanks to the tentacles. In one wave, the hand flung on the men and shoved them down while others lost their guns. The bells of its placket tinkled as its ruffled top opened. A forest of dark yellow tendrils appeared. From its bellybutton popped out a circular mouth. On the ground, a man crawled away. With its right arm, the clown grabbed him by the ankle. Its right arm dragged him. The man panted and sunk its nails in the concrete.

"S-someone, help!" he screamed.

Like a venus fly-trap, the harlequin close its flesh petals on the sweating man and sucked him inside its anemone orifice. Muffled grunts pushed out as the silhouette of the man appeared under the clown's torso. Gurgles and crunched sounded from the clown's innards before it made an ear-to-ear smile. Blood dripped from its teeth as its mouth fell agape. Intestines slid out of its throat which he slowly pulled out. Then, with its two made it tied the guts around. After various squishes, the zombie buffoon showed the balloon giraffe it had made with the man's intestine.