Epilogue: Love within a Tree of Pomegranates and Lanterns

Six months after the Outbreak

"... Although the cure has healed most of the special infected, it seems to not affect the common infected," declared the anchorwoman. "The army has decided to keep them on lockdown within Little Brook while waiting for further results."

Jack turned off the radio when he drove on an icy road, narrowed from both sides by thick layers of snow. As soon as his gray SUV arrived in front of the garage door, it opened on its own. The young man rose an eyebrow and scanned the area. There was nothing but black pink shadows around. Christmas lights buzzed all over the house. Jack parked the car inside and pushed the garage button to close the door. Then, he stepped through a dark hallway linking the room to the rest of the residence.

Scritch.

The branches of a cold pear tree rubbed against a window. Jack squinted and moved his arms around. The lights had been turned off and only a trail of green holiday lights was left on the floor. Jack followed the path which slithered the living room. A smell of cooked bread floated in the air. Once in the end, SURPRISE! was written in capitals on the opposite wall. A click resonated and the room illuminated. Jack's eyes widened on his boyfriend who lied down on his back.

"Mike, what the fuck?" asked Jack.

Michael was naked apart from a pair of boxers made with gift wrappers and a red bow on his crotch. The raven-haired boy opened his brown eyes. The latter pressed his left hand on his phone and jazz music played.

"You're a thick one, Mr. Collins," Michael sang. "You've a big banana with a juicy foreskin." He stood up and wrapped his fingers around a coat rack. "You've a monster, Mr. Collins. My heart's an empty hole." Michael ground his groin against the rack. "Come on and touch me with your seven-inch-and-half foot pole!"

Jack turned off the music. "Mike, are you drunk or something?"

"Not on liquors." Michael brushed away a strand of his hair. "I just thought that- we don't have the money for more, so why not giving you the best present ever?" Michael gestured at himself.

Jack lolled his head to the right then smirked. "I mean, sounds good to me."

He picked up Michael's phone and played Careless Whisper by George Michaels. Michael blushed and lunged at Jack. The two embraced and rolled beside the couch. Bits of gift wrappers flew away while the sofa shook.

"Oh-Oh Jack, I love when you lemme top!" purred Michael.

Jack chuckled. "Nng, Mike, please-"

The tremors made a pillow fell from the couch. It landed on a piping bag which shot out a load of white cream.

All of a sudden, barks echoed from upstairs as dogs ran down the steps. A Corgi, a Shiba-Inu, and a teenage Bernese mountain arrived with Mr. Jush on the latter.