Chapter 4 - The day

Aadhya's POV:

After having lunch, Anshika takes me on a tour of her vast and magnificent house. We visit various rooms, the garden, the lawn, and even a club. The size of the house is so immense that it takes us half an hour to explore it all. Eventually, we reach Anshika's room, where she shows me pictures of her family members and close relatives. She instructs me to memorize their names and faces, including Shikha's fiancé, Jimin. As I gaze at his picture, I can't help but be captivated by his handsome features. His perfect lips, defined jawline, and a hint of innocence in his babyface make me envious of Shikha's luck in having him.

Anshika interrupts my thoughts, explaining that I will be spending most of my time with Jimin, attending parties and pretending to be a happy couple. I nod, and she proceeds to teach me table manners and some dance moves. I have a lot to learn in order to convincingly portray as Shikha. The day of the party arrives, and I spend the entire day familiarizing myself with the family members, their names, and their relationships with Sophia.

Anshika enters my room later and hands me my dress and accessories. I get ready for the party, donning a beautiful gown and classic accessories.

I admit to feeling nervous, expressing my concerns to Anshika

I admit to feeling nervous, expressing my concerns to Anshika. However, she reassures me with a smile, saying she believes in me. Her words boost my confidence, and I'm now ready to face everyone. Anshika instructs me to wait in the room and informs me that I can only enter the hall with Jimin. She then leaves.

After a while, Jimin arrives at my room. He looks even more handsome in person than he did in the picture. With a normal height and a slim physique, his fair complexion almost glows. His deep, expressive black eyes contrast strikingly with his light-toned face. His lips are a delicate shade of pink, and as I examine him, I can't help but notice his overall allure. He is dressed in a suit and tie, with one hand in his pants pocket and the other holding his phone.

(Author pov- Jimin is looking like this and as always Our mochi is looking very very very handsome...)

I greet him with a smile and say, "Hello

I greet him with a smile and say, "Hello." To my surprise, he responds in a somewhat rude manner with a curt "Hi." I wonder why he's being rude to me, but before I can dwell on it, Mr. Raman announces our names. Jimin grabs my hand, and together we make our way to the hall.

As we enter the hall, we're met with numerous stares from the gathered guests. Many of them are people I have only seen in magazines, so I am quite excited to be in their presence. We approach Mr. Raman, who takes my hand and places it in Jimin's, proclaiming, 

"Let's celebrate this new couple and the new partnership."

The party is in full swing, with people conversing, dancing, and enjoying the food. After a few minutes, a beautiful lady, whom I recognize as Jimin's aunt from the pictures, approaches me. She politely greets me as Shikha and compliments my appearance. I thank her, and then she turns to Jimin, instructing him to dance with me. He takes my hand without even asking and leads me to the dance floor. He places his hand on my waist, and I rest mine on his shoulder. We are so close that we can feel each other's breath, and I catch a whiff of his subtle cologne.

We dance together for around 10 to 15 minutes, but throughout the entire time, he never once looks at me. It's as if he is simply pretending not to care.