Ch 37

It's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything from Ross which was either good or bad. I didn't know but I wasn't too worried about it. It was all over the news about how Bucky was framed so I hope it'll help take the backlash away. The others were released from that awful prison which I was glad about and they are even willing to stay in the Tower for a little while to help Bucky which I was grateful for. Steve and I were settled in our new apartment which was good. What was worrying me was that I haven't heard for Natasha.

I was now with Wanda in the kitchen as we were having coffee this morning and having small talk.

"Sergeant Barnes, Agent Romanoff has made her return." FRIDAY informs me making me stop.

"Natasha's back? Natasha's back?" I ask looking up then over at Wanda who chuckles.

"That's what FRIDAY just said." She says.

Just then the elevator dings open and we see Natasha step out. I hurriedly make my way to her.

"Hey-

I cut her off with a hug which she returns, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I missed you so much. Where were you? I was really worried." I mumble as I hold her close.

"I missed you too. I was working on building a new cover when I saw the news and actually bothered to hear Tony's messages." She says as I step back.

I kiss her forehead repeatedly and hug her again. A clear of a throat makes us separate and we see Wanda with an amused look on her face.

"Should I...give you guys some privacy?" She teases making me blush a bit.

"Oh, Nat! You gotta meet Bucky." I tell her.

"Right now? Maybe he's busy." She says unsure.

"Nah, he and Steve are probably doing something stupid." I chuckle and she nods.

"I really want you two to get along. We'll be back Wanda." I tell her as I lead Natasha down the hall.

When I see no one is around I pull Natasha in for passionate kiss on the lips which receives a surprised gasp in return as she pulls me towards her, pinning her to the wall.

"Sorry, I just really wanted to kiss you." I mumble sheepishly pulling away and looking down.

"I'm not complaining." She chuckles and pecks my lips one last time before we continue our way to the room where I knew Bucky and Steve were at the moment.

When I open the door we see Steve, Sam and Bucky exercising. Sam and Steve turn to our direction but Bucky has headphones in so he doesn't acknowledge us yet.

"Nat!" Steve smiles as they come over to us to greet the red head.

"Hey guys!" She smiles at them.

"Let me get Buck." I say walking over to my brother who was sitting lifting weights while the other three talk.

I get in front of him making him smile and lowering his headphones.

"Hey, this playlist you gave me is really great." He says setting his weights down.

"I told you buddy. Now come over here real quick I want you to formally meet someone." I tell him and he nods.

As we get closer Steve and Sam step aside and Natasha comes into view.

"Natasha, I want you to meet my brother, Bucky. Bucky, this is Natasha." I introduce them formally and Bucky furrows his eyebrows.

"Natasha?-

"Natasha Romanoff, nice to meet you, formally." She smiles cutting him off extending her hand out for him to shake.

"Yeah, you too." He mumbles accepting her gesture clasping his hand with hers.

"I hope you guys can get acquainted-

I'm cut off when my phone starts ringing. I pull it out and it's an unknown number.

"Who is it?" Steve asks curiously.

"I don't know, I'll be back guys." I tell them and leave the room.

I walk down the hall to an isolated corner before I answer.

"Hello?"

"Sergeant."

"*scoffs* You have some nerve."

"A lot of people aren't happy."

"And where were you to have my back, Fury? I was public enemy number 1 a few days ago and now that everything is good you reach out?"

"The Middle East is very messy. News breaking out about the Winter Soldier. They want him."

My jaw clenches at this information.

"Look I'm pretty sure I'm not an Avenger anymore-

"This isn't Avenger business. You would go in and help the military."

"I pretty sure the Ross's aren't gonna let that fly."

"I've spoken to them. And they're on board. We go way back."

"I can't leave. I just got my brother back. I'm not leaving him. He needs me."

"It's either you go to them, or you wait for them to come to you and you won't be able to protect everyone."

"How much time do I have?"

"A week to decide."

"Fine."

I huff running a hand through my hair frustrated and not knowing what to do.

"Natasha I said I'm sorry!" I hear Tony say from down the hall making me chuckle.

I then see Steve walk towards me.

"Everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah just, telemarketer." I say putting my phone away and he nods.

"Well I better head back I don't think I can trust Sam and Bucky alone yet." Steve chuckles and I follow him as we head back to the training room.

I stop right at the door when I see Natasha coming back.

"So where are you gonna stay?" I ask her.

"Well I was going to go to the compound but I heard the others have been here for the last few days." She tells me and I nod.

"Yeah, Steve and I got our own apartment. But the others are staying here to help Bucky. You don't have to if you you don't want to. In fact you can stay with Steve and I if you want. But if you don't that's cool. Bucky's here on the very top floor in the pent house so he won't bother you if you plan on staying here." I stammer over my own words she places a hand softly over my mouth shutting me up.

"It's fine Joey, I'll stay here. I can keep Wanda company so she's not surrounded by so much testosterone." She chuckles making me nod.

"Thank you for coming back. You probably didn't have too. But I'm glad." I tell her softly.

"Of course I had to come back." She says making my heart skip a beat.

I lean down to kiss her but a loud crash stops me.

"Boys." I sigh making her chuckle.

"I'm going to catch up with Wanda." Natasha says going to walk away.

"Alright, I'll see you later." I tell her and we walk opposite directions.