Peace

"You're a new face."

I whip my head around and face where the voice was coming from. I knew that voice but I had to make sure I wasn't making it up. I stare into their eyes and they stare back. A memory flashing in my mind.

Flashback

I picked up a photo from the table in the office, my back to the door. A voice says "You're a new face." I place the photo back down as I turn around to face the person. He was average height, a bit of stubble across his face, with blondish hair and blue eyes. I take note of his accent.

"And I take it from you're accent your an old one. Klaus." I point to him as I say this. He looks down and raises his eyebrows, walking into the room.

"My reputation precedes me. Hopefully not all bad." He looks up at me and smirks slightly.

"A little bad. Mostly repulsive." I just stare at him, as his smirk falls from his face and he glares back.

He steps closer. "So you're a friend of Tyler's. That's strange. He's never mentioned you." He looks at me questionably, but you can tell by his face he knows exactly what he is doing. I turn my head slightly as we hear Tyler trying to get Caroline to leave. Klaus obviously hears it too as he moves his head to the side of the direction of the voice. He smiles and looks back towards me. "And I think I know why."

The door shuts, and I turn to the sound, before looking back at him. He just smiles and stares at me again.

End of flashback

"Klaus?" I whisper.

"Hello, little wolf." He smiles at me, and I run up to him, completely forgetting that I am fully naked. He opens out his arms as I reach him, and we both hold each other tightly as we hug. I sniff a little as his scent hits me, and I realise that he was there the whole time. "Do I smell or something?" He chuckles lightly, not letting go of me.

"No. It's just. I thought I caught your scent, but then I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me. I've missed that smell." He chuckles again and holds me tighter. That's when I remember I have nothing on. I move my head to look at him and he looks back. "I'm sorry. I turned into my wolf form but I didn't realise I was this far out, so I don't have any clothes here." My cheeks redden in embarrassment. I know he has seen me like this before, but that was years ago.

He lets go of me but doesn't move away. He takes his jacket off and starts to hand it to me but then notices at the same time that I do that it won't cover me enough. He hands me the jacket. "Hang on a minute." He then takes his shirt off and gives that to me and takes his jacket off me, so I can put the shirt on. "It doesn't matter if I don't have a shirt on," he says as I try to reject his shirt.

"Thank you, Klaus." I smile gratefully at him before I put the shirt on. We still haven't moved away from each other so we are nearly touching. I guess that is good. He can only see my face properly, and it also blocks my front side if anyone was going to walk past here now. When I am sorted I look back at him. He looks tired and sad, but also happy at the same time. "Klaus. What are you doing here? How are you here?"

He sighs and I move to stand next to him before we start walking towards the camp in the bayou. "Just before me and Elijah died, I asked him if he thought we would find peace or if there would be just darkness. I have to be truthful, I was scared about dieing. I guess living nearly all of your life knowing you can never die makes you not think about when you actually do. So when I did die, I wasn't expecting what happened to happen. When Hope nearly died and she saw you, I knew there was an afterlife, but that was you. I have done so many bad things in my life that I knew I wouldn't end where you were. But I thought perhaps me and Elijah might end in the same place. He was mostly good all his life, but he too did things he regretted. When I died, at first, it was dark, then I was suddenly above Hope's room at her school. She was sat there drawing. I thought I was dreaming, but as the hours went by, I realised that it was real. I saw her in her classes, her with her friends, with her teachers. I saw everything. I also watched over Rebekah, Kol, Freya, Marcel. Everyone. I didn't understand what was happening, but this monster or something that looked like a human with a mangled face turned up at Hope's school. Long story short, she asked about me and he explained. He said to Hope, "As for your father. He watches over you every day. He did die with love in his heart. And he doesn't regret his choice." You should have seen her face. She was so relieved. And what he said was true. I did die with love in my heart, and I don't regret my choice. But then he said, "But he won't find peace until you do.", meaning I would be watching over her until she found peace, so I could have my own."