The wedding part 2

Klaus's POV 

It's the night of the wedding now. I walk back to my seat, drinking some champagne, and watch Rebekah dance with Kol. He keeps twirling her round; making her laugh. There are these fleeting moments when my family are truly happy, and I'm thankful I can be here for this. My eyes flicker over to the girls. Freya is dancing with Keelin, Hope, Davina and Hayley. I smile as I see Freya spin Hope around, as the other three dance around them. Hope has grown so much. I missed so much of her life, but now I am back, I'm taking nothing for granted. Even if I annoy her to no end, I'm not missing out on anything else. I drain my glass, and as I stand up to get another one, the song changes. We are family starts playing; Rebekah grabbing Kol and dragging him to the girls, before getting Kol and Freya to dance with her. She shouts me over, and I try to say no, but I couldn't. Seeing her smile with our siblings is something I didn't know I missed so much. I place my glass down on the table and walk over to them. None of us know what we are doing, we can do formal dances and things like that, but random dancing is where we all fail. Kol does the robot at one point, which sets us off laughing uncontrollably. We don't worry about anything at this moment, we just feel free for once. And I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. 

The song ends, and we go our separate ways. They go to their partners, while I go sit down again. All of my siblings are happily married now, apart from Elijah of course, but right now, I have no one. I lost my relationship in the afterlife, Camillie tried to get me to forgive Elijah, but I couldn't. I told Hayley it was because of the horrible words he said about being a wolf, but she doesn't know the truth. 

Flashback 

"He is your brother Klaus, you can't lose him. For god's sake, your dead, you are together in peace. After a thousand years." She looks at me like I am stupid. 

"No, Camillie, what he said was wrong." 

"You have daggered him and your siblings for how long? And he forgave you every time, but you can't forgive him for this? It's just words." 

"It isn't just words, he said things about Hope, which I won't allow." I was losing my temper, and I didn't want to hurt her, but she was pushing too much.  

"Klaus, you're being overdramatic. Your missing Hope, and it pains you that you can't see her anymore, so you are putting it all on him. You just miss her, you're not actually hurt by hi-"

"HE HURT HAYLEY, HE SAID THEM HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT HER AS WELL. AND I DON'T BLOODY MISS HAYLEY COS SHE IS RIGHT HERE. SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE, AND HE BREAKS HER HEART, I WON'T ALLOW IT. HE HURT HER!" I scream at her before punching the wall. 

"So this is what it really is about? Her? It's always her, isn't it? Josh told me how you two had changed so much, but I thought he was being ridiculous. I guess I was just blinded by my love for you, and I couldn't see how you weren't in love with me anymore." Tears poured from her eyes, but I was too mad to go and comfort her. "Do you love me, Klaus?" 

"I. I..." 

She nods her head and backs away. "That just answered everything." I tried to explain myself but she wouldn't let me. "You love me, but you're not IN love with me. I mean, how could you be in love with me, when you're in love with -"

End of flashback 

"Hey, what's wrong?"  

Hayley's words interrupt me as I look up and see her standing over me with a worried look. Confused, I look around until I see the glass I was holding smashed, some of the pieces in my hand. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine."   

She gives me a look; she knows I'm lying. She always does. She grabs my other hand and pulls me up, leading me out of the room and into the lady's bathroom. When we get in she brings me to the sink, putting my hand under the tap, but not running the water yet. She faces my palm up so she can see what the damage is. I try to insist that I'm fine, but of course, the stubborn wolf she is wouldn't have it. Carefully, she pulls all the glass out, now turning the tap on so the blood washes off, as the cuts quickly heal. 

"Thanks, little wolf." I look at her, and she smiles back. Memories flood through my brain of when we kissed earlier to prevent people from seeing us, and when we nearly kissed again, for our reasons only. 

I'd been looking into her eyes, getting lost into them. Feeling drawn to her. We had moved closer, just closing our eyes, when bloody Kol had to come over and ask where Elijah was. We both had sprung apart and turned to look at him. I glared at him, while he just smiled back. I forgot how annoying he was sometimes. Hayley quickly told him that Freya didn't have enough magic to bring him back with us, but he would be back soon, before excusing herself to go dance with Freya. Kol looked back at me, but I told him to drop it, walking back to my seat. We had been so close, I could nearly feel her lips on mine, they were just millimetres from me. 

"Klaus?" I jumped. I'd been so deep in my thoughts I had completely forgotten Hayley was right in front of me. 

"Erm, yeah?" I scratch the back of my neck, looking everywhere but at her. 

"Are you ok? I know it's weird being back here, but you can talk to me if you need to. I mean, I know what you are going through." 

"No, I'm fine. Let's go." I walk to the door but then stop. I sigh, lowering my head. "Thank you, Hayley. But I truly am fine. And if you need to talk to someone, you can come to me also. I'm just lost in thought, that's all." 

I look back up at her and give her a small smile. The last thing I want to do is hurt her feelings. She doesn't smile back, but I can tell by her eyes that she understands. I open the door and hold it for her so she can walk out first. Following behind her, the door swings shut, and I quickly tuck in my shirt again, out of habit. Elijah's words in the back of my head as he always reminded me how appearances matter. Even though I never normally pay attention to it, it is Rebekah and Marcel's wedding, so I should at least try harder. We walk back to where everyone else is, and both of our eyes go straight to Hope, who is dancing with Landon again. I hadn't realised till now how much we both do that, our gaze immediately going to her in any room we are in. I guess our wolf side is causing us to be extra protective over her, seeing as we have both been taken away from her before. I ask Hayley if she would like a drink, and with her reply, I walk over to the bar and get us both one, returning after they are prepared, seeing her sat at a table further away from the dancefloor. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davina's POV 

I watch as Klaus walks over to Hayley with two drinks in his hand, giving her the glass of red wine, as he drinks a beer. He sits down next to her and starts up a conversation. They talk for a couple of minutes, and he says something to make her laugh. She looks away from him, and while she isn't looking, his face changes, with a light smile on his face, he watches her facial expressions, admiring her. When she looks back at him, they share a look, and you can tell it means more than what it appears to be at first glance. 

"You ok love?" Kol wraps an arm around my waist, kissing my cheek. I tear my eyes away from them and look at Kol. 

"Of course." I kiss him on the lips. "Come on, I think I have enough energy to dance to a couple more songs with my husband."  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note 

Hey guys, hope everyone is ok with everything going on in the world. I'm currently isolating from school so I should be able to write more. (It's just a precaution, I have no symptoms.)  

Please leave any ideas you have, and tell me if you think I'm moving too quick with the relationship between Klaus and Hayley. Anyway, hope you still like the story. 

Izzy