The warning part 2

Hayley's POV - continued 

Remaining on the toilet seat, flashes of what just happened run through my mind. I close my eyes, trying to make it go away, but it just makes it worse. Hearing a noise at the door, I quickly open my eyes, turning them yellow, but seeing Klaus there, I relax. He places what he had in his hands down, he must have grabbed somethings after speaking to everyone, and walks back to the bath, putting his hand in to check the temperature, and then pulling it back out, wiping it on the towel next to him. Walking back towards me, he looks me in the eyes and puts his hands out.

"Can you make it on your own, or do you want me to help you in?" I glare at him, even though he is trying to help me. "And don't be stubborn." He adds. I put my hands on the side of the seat and push myself up, I take a step then another, and remove my hands. But when I do that, my legs go weak again, and I start to fall. Klaus catches me and picks me up bridal style again. "I said don't be stubborn, little wolf."

I roll my eyes at him, as he lowers me into the bathtub. The bath isn't full yet, but the water warms me up. He stands up straight and grabs a towel, laying it on the floor so it will be there for me when I get out. Grabbing the shower curtain, he starts to pull it along, so I can't see him. I raise my hand and try moving it back to where it was. He notices me doing this, so he pulls it back again and I look at him confused.

"I was giving you some privacy Hayley." He goes to pull the curtain along again.

"You giving me privacy?" My throat is sore, and I put my hand up to it. He looks worried again. "Bloodbags. Please." He nods his head and walks out of the bathroom. He returns a few moments later, knocking on the door before walking in again with a few blood bags in hand. He hands me one and I quickly empty it, before he hands me another, and another, until I drink them all. My energy now returning, I look back at Klaus. "Thank you."

Reaching over, I turn the taps off and sit up straight. "Hayley, do you want to talk about it?" He is stood next to the sink now, further away from me. He's trying to give me space, and I appreciate it, but I know he won't hurt me.

"Please, could you come here. You make me think I'm infected or something." He quickly stands up straight and walks over to me. I point to the floor next to the bathtub, and he sits down but doesn't look at me. "Klaus, do I look a mess or something. You won't look at me now."

"No, it's just." He pauses and tries to think of how to word whatever he wants to say. "I just don't want to make it worse. Looking at you while you are vulnerable. I don't know if I should get Rebekah or Freya, or one of the girls at least. I just-"

"Klaus." I try to interrupt him.

"You're sat naked in the bath Hayley. A man tried to. Tried to..." His voice breaks and he still won't look at me. I reach over and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Please. I hate that you won't look at me." Slowly, he turns to look me in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, it's just. I don't know what to do. And you're supposed to be the one who is being looked after, and here you are comforting me when that just happened." He looks back down at the floor. And whispers, "He would know what to do.", but of course, I hear every word.

"Don't ever say that Klaus. You came and saved me. He. Elijah. Would have left me here in the bath the minute he put me in it. Out of respect yes, like you tried to do with the shower curtain, but he would have left me. You listened to me, and are helping me by being here now " He looks back at me and I smile at him. "Thank you, Klaus. And you don't have to get one of the girls. Unless you really want to." He starts to speak. "Don't say it's for privacy, because you just picked me up in this state. And to make matters worse, I didn't realise you had no shirt on and I pressed against you, so, I'm sorry. And anyway. It's not like you haven't seen me before. When you first turned up, I was wearing nothing. And then the time before."