Bonfire's and acceptance

Author's note 

It might seem like Klaus isn't like himself, or Hayley is a bit out of character too. I promise I will get them to be more like what they are on the show, but for now, they are acting different, with Klaus finally getting peace and seeing people again, they are a bit shaken up. Hope you enjoy this chapter. 

Hayley's POV

We sat outside on one of the logs, as Klaus told me about what Hope was doing while he was alive. She had triggered her wolf side, but of course, being a tribrid, she only had to turn on one full moon. I was thankful that he took into consideration what I would have wanted her to do, and I was glad it was the same thing he wanted. She ran wild and free, as she should have. Wolves are wild things, as Klaus says. He let her dance with a boy, who he says later became her boyfriend, while he was watching over her. He sure has changed so much from when I first met him. I look over into the distance. The pack had left us alone, knowing that we had a lot to catch up on. Jack tried to come over, but surprisingly, my father stopped him. As we had talked, it had become dark, and so the bonfire had been lit about twenty minutes ago. "What are you thinking about, little wolf?" He asks me quietly, looking in the direction I am. 

"I was just thinking about the last time we were at a bonfire. Hope was a baby, and we decided that we would decide together on what to do. For Hope, as you put it." 

"There's more." He says, looking at me, I turn to him, before sighing and  then looking into the distance again. 

"When I died, I had no one to talk to about how much I missed her. I spoke to Cami, and Jack. Then I spoke to my parents when I got to know them. It was nice, but I never explained fully how I felt. Then, when Elijah turned up, he was there for me, to tell all of my feelings to." I paused, before continuing on. "But. It wasn't same. He was missing his niece, while I was missing my daughter. I didn't want to have to explain how it felt, and I know my mother would understand, but we still aren't fully there yet. Turning into the wolf helped my think straight. No one could analyse how I was, what emotion I was feeling. I could just be me. But now. I have you. I'm not alone. And the thing is, I don't have to explain the emotions I have, you look at me and you know, because you have the same look. You know exactly what I am going through." 

I look back at him, and he stares into my eyes. "We will go through it all together." He then laughs. "I guess it must be bonfire's that make me say we will work together." We laugh and just sit there.  

We don't say anything, but we both know what we are thinking. We have spent ages being on our own. When I died, we didn't have each other anymore. And that could possibly be the worst thing. Not having anyone there with you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klaus's POV 

We don't say anything, but we both know what we are thinking. We have spent ages being on our own. When Hayley died, we didn't have each other anymore. And that could possibly be the worst thing. Not having anyone there with you.  

When I saw Hayley in the woods, I thought it was a dream at first. Seeing her face again, I thought it was a punishment. The last time I saw her face was when that bitch had her hand around her heart. And in a second, Hayley was outside, burning to death. Hope lost her mother that day, and her Uncle. She also lost a part of her father. Me and Hayley may have hated each other at times, but we were there for each other. And without her, I had no clue what to do.  I see the life she has made here in death. The pack follow her rules, she is still the Queen. She finally has parents who love her, and can be someone's daughter again. She deserves to be happy, and that is why I am glad she has Elijah. Elijah. I look up and see a man in a suit walking towards us, looking at Hayley. As he gets closer he looks at me and stops.