Anniversary

Klaus's POV 

I am sat at a table with my siblings and our family. The kids are doing some school work at the compound and Hope said she would look after little Nik during the day so we could all go out and spend some time together, just the adults. 

"I'm thankful you are all here, celebrating my wedding anniversary with me and my beautiful wife. I'm glad to see you all together again, and with it being something for me, it makes the family feel even closer together." Kol says. "Thinking back, I never thought I would be married, I didn't think I would find the right person who wouldn't mind my craziness and madness. Or my crazy family, but here we are. And I never thought Nik would allow Rebekah to be married so that's another thing." We all laugh. 

"Here we are, a thousand years later. Me, Kol and Freya married. Elijah going on a date next week. Who would have thought." Rebekah says. I'm glad we are all here too Kol." 

"Next is Nik and Hayley. Who was that woman last night Nik? Do we know her?" Kol asks me, and all eyes turn on me. I clear my throat. 

"Erm, yeah, but anyway. Stop being nosy." I say and pick up my beer, taking a sip of it. 

"What about you Hayley? Do we know the mysterious person that you left with last night?" Freya says. She furrows her eyebrows. "I saw you outside your door when Rebekah shouted at you with a guys top on." 

"Oh, erm." She goes bright red and I laugh quietly. She kicks me under the table, seeing as she is sat opposite me. "You know him, but I think I'm going to keep it to myself for now. And anyway, he is a bit of an ass so I don't know what will happen really." 

The conversation moves on, and soon after, our food arrived. Halfway through the meal, I'm talking to Marcel about something when I hear Davina asks her if she will see the guy again from last night. Hayley replies, telling her she thinks she will, she enjoys his company. I smile slightly and cut a piece of my meat that is on my plate. Putting it on my fork, I place it in my mouth and start chewing, nodding at what Marcel says about some of the vampires. Another bit of Hayley's conversation with Davina hits my ears as Davina says the guy she slept with last night must have been good, seeing as she won't stop smiling. Hayley chuckles, and whispers to her, saying he was. Better than other's shes had. I suddenly start chocking on my food. After a few seconds, I swallow it. 

"Sorry. Breathed in wrong." I say and continue with my meal. Looking up at Hayley, she smirks at me. She knew I would hear that of course. I mouth, "I'll get you back for that". She shifts in her seat, and then I feel a foot on my leg. Slowly, it goes further up. 

"Are you ok Klaus?" Marcel asks me. I look at him and see him, Kol and Davina looking at me. "Your face is weird." 

"Yeah. Sorry. Just trying to breathe properly so I don't die from my food." I chuckle and they carry on with their food. 

When we finish with our meals, we all pay, making sure Kol and Davina don't, seeing as it is their anniversary. Getting to the car park, Rebekah asks if Hayey can go in someone else's car, she and Marcel were going to call at their house they have. Freya offers, but she says she will go with me, seeing as I was driving back on my own. I get in my car, and start the engine, waiting for her to get in. She does, and shuts the door, putting her belt on. The others drive off, and I reverse the car, driving out of the car park, and onto the road. 

"That was a risky game you were playing back there, Little Wolf." She chuckles. 

"You should have seen your face. It was brilliant." She looks out of the window, as I look back at the road. Steering with one hand, I move the other one onto her thigh, squeezing it lightly. I can see through the corner of my eye that she is looking at me now. I smirk slightly, as I move my hand up a little and I hear her breath hitch. 

"Got a problem there Hayley?" 

"Erm no, not at all." I chuckle lightly, as I continue driving to the compound. When I need to change gear, I lift my hand up and move the gearstick, then putting my hand on the steering wheel, so both are on it. Hayley's hand comes into my eye line as I look at the road. She grabs my hand and takes mine off the steering wheel. placing it back on her thigh. I look over at her quickly, but she just looks out of her window. I smile as I look back at the road. 

Pulling up, I see Freya and Keelin shutting the car doors, and walking to the compound door. I turn to look at Hayley. "What do you want to do for the rest of the day? The kids might be done with the school work, but I don't know if they want to hang out with us." 

"I don't know. Should we see what Freya and Keelin are doing?" I nod my head and we get out. I lock my car, and walk to the door, following her in. 

As we get in, I hear a shout and me and Hayley look at each other, before speeding to the noise. We get to the kitchen and see flour everywhere. All the kids are covered in it, and so is the whole kitchen. They stand there frozen for a bit. 

"What the bloody hell?" I say. Hope looks at us and smiles a little. 

"We were trying to cook a cake for Uncle Kol and Aunt Davina. It went a little wrong." I start laughing and walk up to her, pushing her out of the way. 

"Give me the damn recipe." She smiles at me, and I look at what they are trying to make. "Right, some of you, clean that up, the rest of you, get bowls and wooden spoons from the cupboards over there and drawers. Hayley, get the ingredients will you please." 

"I guess that answers your question." She says to me and smiles. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over an hour later 

Klaus's POV 

The cake is being decorated by the kids, with me and Hayley supervising. Hope is making flowers out of icing, while Josie and Lizzie write on it. The boys had added sprinkles and things on it earlier. It looked really good. I walk out of the kitchen when they say it is ready, and I find Kol and Davina laughing at something. Standing in front of them, they look at me. 

"Somethings happened in the kitchen. Me and Hayley can't fix it so we thought you guys might be able to. Witch business." They nod their heads and stand up, walking to the kitchen. A few seconds later, Hayley walks out and smiles. 

"They like the cake. Well, Davina did till Kol pushed her head in it after he took a picture of it." She stands in front of me and laughs. 

"Of course, my brother has to be an ass." I smile back at her, and I feel that pull to her. I felt it the first time I met her at the Lockwood house, but since we had that night when we said that we weren't drunk, it has got a lot stronger. I start leaning in, but at that moment Rebekah and Marcel enter the compound. I pull away and look at them, asking how the rest of their day was.