Home

Mikey:
"Cmon, Mike the bus, is gonna be late", the driver, berated at me. It was dawn, as the bus trundles, from the depot. Some kids awake, some asleep, some doing home-work. My eyes are bleary, reactions slow,tiredness running through my veins. I was soo sleepy bro, but I just couldn't. I'm an ugly sleeper too. It takes forever. The windows all smoggy. Leftover snack packs, on the floor. Noisy, kids in the back, quiet kids in the front.With every bounce, my head wobbled and I felt dizzy. The roads were really bumpy. Sometimes, I wish my mom would pick me up. All of a sudden, a kid tumbled into me. "Watch, it.", I grunted and stood up. "Oh, isnt is mister got-rejected-from-the-hottest-girl-in-school. I let him get away with it. I was too lazy to put up with a fight. Everyone laughed. It was then, the bus finally arrived at the stop. We all walked out, one at a time. It felt like a relief. School can be depressing sometimes. Especially, when everyone knows you got rejected by the *inserts mimic* "hottest girl in the grade". It's annoying. A couple walks and turns, I was home at last. My mom was at work, and she comes home at five, so I quickly finished my home-work, made up my bed, cleaned the furniture and cooked dinner for us. I rarely see my dad, only in the weekends, it really depends on how he's feeling. Nevertheless, his life doesn't revolve around me. He has a new wife and other  kids of his own. I guess he forgot I existed too, I mean everyone does that. So it's normal at this point. Tonight, was gonna be ramen. A fast meal, so I can get the rest I needed. I heated the stove, threw the pack of ramen in, and let it sit for a bit. Then, transfer it into a bowl of soya sauce, mixed it together with some vegetables, shrimps and a fried egg. I even gathered, a bottle of sparkle water.Ta-da ! Magic ! Who am I kidding... that's easy stuff, anyone can make it. As soon as I was done organizing, the door bell rang. It was my mother . "Mom!" I exclaimed, hugging her. She had grocery bags in her hands. I helped her take them to the attic. And we chatted for a bit, while eating at the diner table, together. "So, how was school today kiddo."Ugh words cant express how I hate questions like this. It was bad okay. But I'm not gonna tell her that. "It was really good actually.", I lied. It's not obvious when I lie, since I'm so good at keeping secrets. "Oh, that's good!, Good job on the dinner today. "Huh-Oh ye my pleasure!", I zoned out. Home is my safe place, from bullies. You could say my mom is my best friend. Let's not forget Ash. I'm really grateful to have them. And lately, Ive been so unappreciative. It's never to late, to start fresh again. "Mm, this is really good". Mother and I both giggled, as we said those exact words in unison.

 Mother and I both giggled, as we said those exact words in unison