Never Again

Ash:
Today's my big day. The way no one showed up on time. Just kidding , it's all good. Todays a great day to reflect that was, and what is ahead to strive for. It's sorta a personal New Year's day for myself. I have many resolutions and promises for the future. "Ding !". That's the door. "Mom, how do I look ?". "You look so handsome, my little Ashy, Ash", pinching my cheek tightly as hell. "God, stop", I yelled. "Sorry...". I guess this entire thing, kinda pressured me. I don't usually scream at my parents. I have respect for them, and they have respect for me. "Hello, it's me Iris". Act natural. I opened the door, there she was, in a black fitted dress right above her knees, black and white air force 1's Jordan's, and gold hoop earrings. Bro my heart. "Hm hey silly, you willing to let me in ?" "Oh- haha yeah come on in", I gesticulated into the kitchen. I prayed my parents would act cool and chill, since this was the first ever girl to be welcomed in my house. They were all so giggly. I just couldn't. "Ash, why don't you take mrs. Iris up to your room". "Mom-." "Why not ?", I faked smile. My room's tidy but why now ? We still had to wait on Mikey, unless he wasn't coming. "You got a nice room up here", Iris chuckled. "I guess, thanks", I kept it professional. We both sat on the bed. Nothing really to talk about. That's like the whole point, I didn't want to go up here. It was so awkward, I wanted to pee myself. "So, are you uh-comfortable ?", I genuinely asked. "Yup, totally it's you why wouldn't I be". I blushed. That's one of the nicest things someone's told me today. First was my mom saying I looked good . A bit embarrassing but still reassuring. Then again, the door bell rang. "I should probably go get that", I suggested to get out of the tension. "No!". Iris shouts . She grabs my arms, pushes me onto the bed. Like pinning me, you could say. My heart fluttered. It was so fast yet so slow. She looked me in the eyes , then my lips. She came closer. I couldn't move, I was literally tied down. "This, will be just between the two of us". I gained all my strength and stopped her before she could kiss me. "No, stop , I'm gonna go downstairs now", I tried to sound as calm as possible. "I-I'm sorry, that was weird wasn't it... I'm sucha loser". "Noo- no you're not it's okay, let's just take a break or something". Well that was unfortunate. We strolled downstairs, my parents all excited, expecting something. "H-huh". Mikey came. Oh em gee. He actually came. I went straight to the door, forgetting about Iris. She had this sad, angry look on her face. What did I do wrong ? She was the one who led me on. "I-I'll go.... it was nice being here for the few minutes, I don't feel good, thanks again Mrs. and Mr. Caswell for the invite, see you at school Ash". What ?! Now she's leaving . On my birthday. I'll never understand how someone can get so mad when someone rejects them. It isn't even like I did it disrespectfully. "Oh- Okay bye ?". She didn't hear me. She left the scene so quickly. "Uhm-Hi Mikey". I said dolefully. "Hey, everything okay, uh- isn't that the Iris girl from our class". "Yeah, it's whatever". I turned around, to see my mom and dad confused and i'm awe. "Why did she leave ?" "I don't know, but you did this to me, both of you, if it wasn't for you guys telling me to go up there, none of this would've happen!", I berated, marching upstairs. I cried. Mikey chasing after me. He knocks on the door. "Bruh, I just arrived and I don't know what's going on, are you alright". I didn't wanna talk about it. This was officially the worst birthday ever. I invited her because I wanted us to have a good time. Instead, she got in her feelings and left. "Yea, I'm good, you can leave if you want, I'll just sit here and read some manga all day". "Ok just gimme a call, if you're not feeling 100". I heard his footsteps leaving the front door. Just like that, this entire thing was gone. Ruined. The food. Stale. Eaten by the usual. My parents and I. "Ash, it's not a big deal, she'll text you back soon". I stared at my phone, patiently waiting for her reply, at the dinner table. "Cheers, if you think Iris is secretly inlove with you". They both lift their soda cans. God, they're so annoying. "Just shut up!". "She doesn't give a f*ck about me, so just stop". Wow. What had gotten to me. "May I be excused". First time, I ever cursed. Guess that was built up stress. My parents both in disbelief. Next year, I'm not having any dumb party.

 Next year, I'm not having any dumb party