Being The Best I Can

Ash (part 2):
It's been two months, since all this drama. Iris and I are finally dating. We started seeing eachother for the last two months. We've both been comfortable around one another and spend a lot of time together. She's pretty busy about her family life, and I'm busy stressing about our entire relationship. First time I've been in one. Not to sound clingy and creepy, but I wanted us to stay together forever. May even our breaths link together. We had so much chemistry. We laughed at the same things, enjoyed doing the same thing. I just felt like we were meant to be. However, I didn't wanna get my hopes to high. Since a lot of people say "love isn't real". I strongly disagree. It just really depends on the type of person you meet. Today, December 12th, last day of school, till junior year.

All we did at school was have field day, say our goodbyes to our friends and teachers. It was indeed fun you could say. The christmas spirit was definitely in the air. Let's not forget about love.

Oh you're probably wondering what my parents thought about me and Iris dating. They were absolutely accepting and welcoming, since they love her so much. Maybe even more than me. Everyday after school, Iris would come over and we'd watch tv or just cuddle. But she came to tell me something important. "We should go on a date, haven't went on one with you in three weeks." "Ayye, where though", I queried. "LinkcAfe, best coffee place here". Normally, the guy should be the one asking the girl out on a date but it's all good. "Alright, I'll pick you up". I had a car of my own now. So this was a bit of a flex.

Tomorrow comes, I drove to Iris's house and we head towards the cafe. Upon appearance, the place was stored with people. I guess they're always busy working for customers. We find a seat. In the gloom of the coffee shop, our knees touched under the narrow table. The waiters took our orders. Within seconds, our food was brought. "The service here is amazing", I said. Iris shook her head in agreement, stuffing buttered slices in her mouth. "The food's not going no where", I giggled. She probably didn't hear cause she just kept chewing.

The people in the table in front of us, looked familiar. A girl with blue hair, and a guy with blonde hair, conversing. I tapped on Iris's shoulders, "Isnt that Paisely and that Bryan dude". Her face lit up, "Pwaiby ?". "Yes, take your time and eat", I guffawed. Without hesitation, she flung the chair, leaving space, to stroll over at Paisely. "Wait-no what are you doing". "Did she just-.", I whispered to myself.

The way she just walked over there without thinking. They look like they were on good terms, then out of no where, Paisely threw her drink on her ? She let out a loud exasperation. I had to intervene. But what can I do. Bryan did absolutely nothing, he just stared. I scurried over there, like I, Ash, was about to do something. "Why'd you do that Paisely?," I questioned, innocently. "Ew-why are you with him". I felt offended. But I kept my cool. "Auh, why did you throw your dumb juice on me", Iris said, all dramatic, stamping her feet on the floor, catching everyone's attention. I tried to calm down everyone. But I failed. I couldn't even be there for my own girlfriend. They just continued arguing and that dumb son of a bitch didn't do anything about it. He sat there, laughing under his breath. I stood with my arms folded,grinding my teeth as hard as I can, just to relax myself. But, the noise, not the music, and the bickering got the best of me. "Can you both just shut the f*ck up, it doesn't matter, I'll clean her up, God", I seized Iris and dragged her out the store. Eyes were on us. But I didn't care. I was so pissed at everyone. Iris looked startled. I didn't mean to scare her. We got in the car. I buckled her tightly, so she doesn't resist and let Paisely get to her. "Alright, you good". "Yeah, I guess thanks for standing up for me ". She gazed down at her clothes. "Uh, what about this stain." "Don't worry, I gotchu".  I opened the compartment of the car and took out a handful of tissues, rubbing it hardly on her shirt. "Hey, I'm sorry if I scared you today, I was just pressured", I said, simultaneously trying to clean up the mess. "It's okay, you did good don't beat up yourself", Iris replied, running her hands through my hair. All I wanted was the best for Iris.

 All I wanted was the best for Iris