Chapter 30

Mikey:
I lay there quietly, keeping my eyes shut, marching my breath's to the beeping of the machines that surrounded the bed. The only indications of my heartbeat, my existence. My legs were numb. My arms tingled. Curiosity slowly pride opened my swollen eyes. I heard distinctive screaming. I met a dismal, of a magnolia colored room. "H-he's responsive", they cheered. Doctors and nurses, surrounded me. IV's, heart monitors and oxygen tanks on me. An old tv set hanging from the ceiling. I wanted to talk and spit out the words from my mouth. My lips were sealed. Literally. They all just stared at me. The bright light above, made it hard to see. I felt like I was on a spotlight. Since all eyes were on me. Chills ran down my spine. The room began shaking vertically. It was all a blurr.My eyes raw. A warmth weight on my chest. My lungs buttery soft.

Days passed by, about a week or so. I'm able to eat and drink again. I can talk much better. And I'm able to move my body again.

~~Visiting~~
———————————
Ash, Iris, my mom and a few other classmates came to check up on me. "I'm glad you're doing much better", Ash said in a monotone voice. He seemed fed up and frustrated. He's probably so disappointed. I saw nothing short of disgust on his face, almost hatred, his face reddened with anger. " Yay, you're doing well, we missed you", Iris chuckled, all smiley, and hugged me. Ash looking all annoyed "Cmon let's go" , he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out the door. "Uh- that's strange, anyways how's everything going ?", a student, named Lila, asked. I was distracted and zoned out. "Oh- yes, yes I am". Then, the doctor entered, and instructed them to head out. I was mortified. Frozen on the bed. I've never saw Ash so nonchalant. "Stop, he's just tryna guilt trip you-", I reassured myself. But to be honest, he's been through a lot , the first time I attempted, I sorta- eh kinda gave him ptsd. And as much as this is all my fault, I can't control what happens next. "Everything alright, dear", doctor Nancy interrogated, setting up my drips. "Yeah...", I lied.

", I lied