Forgotten

Mikey:
"Ash birthday is in one day, Mikey!". I got a notification from Notes. "Oh my gosh, I totally forgot". I know, I know, I'm not the best friend. I completely forgot his birthday was this week. I remembered it being this month however. I needed to get a gift fast. Or atleast go to his party, or meeting or whatever. Anyways, I was gonna be the only one there, so it wasn't no biggie. I could relax today, and probably make a present tomorrow morning or some. I wasn't stressed out at all. I was to meet my father, this Wednesday, but I couldn't do Ash like that. So I cancelled, for Friday. "Mike, let's go you don't wanna be too late for school, plus I got a meeting this morning for eight". Oh yeah, school. Was I getting dementia ? Why was I forgetting almost everything. I'm being ridiculously slow. Sauntering down the stairs, distant chattering was heard from the living room. I stopped, and peeked to see who and what they were speaking about. "You know , he needs you, Nathan." and "How,could you do this, you haven't talked to your ONLY son in weeks, what if he misses you". So it was pretty obvious, my dad didn't want to see me ever again. I mean that was understandable, but my feelings were still hurt. I stomped my feet on the stair, pretending I was coming downstairs, as if I didn't hear a thing. My mother, looked around and said these words, "Okay, I'm done, it's whatever.", and she hung up. "Who,were you talking to, mom ?", I uttered, in a brittle tone. "No, one it's getting late let's go". She looked all indignant. She clutched her keys, and went out the front door, unlocking the car door. I stood there, momentarily disable. I was overwhelmed. There was no way, I could've gone to school, in a good mood, after all that just happened. "Mikey, don't let me have to tell you again, let's go,god!". "Oh, I'm coming".