Run✨

[Narrators Pov]

"Shes gone for now, so I have to move quick." Jeongin thought to himself. He quickly packed his bags, including all the small pictures he drew out for you and all the little origami's you made for him.

He had to complete the plan on his end so you could help him escape.

You knew you probably weren't going to make it out alive, but Jeongin was. That was the only thought weighing on your mind.

Sacrifice yourself so he can live.

[Flashback/ Your Pov]

"Jeongin, listen carefully, okay?" Holding onto his soft hands, I slowly caressed his ears so he would feel at ease.

I had spent the whole morning planning a safe escape for him. He was very smart and quick witted for his age, so I had high hopes.

"Tomorrow morning, I'll be taken away for a punishment. You'll be here alone." He looked up at me, his gaze very curios.

"You see that door?" I pointed towards the white door at the front of the cell.

"When the sky turns orange, everyone leaves from around that door and goes back home." I explained slowly, making little hand gestures so he could better understand.

"Why do I need to know about that door?" His lips curled into a frown, his dimples showing.

"Its your way to escape."

"When the sky turns orange, wait by the door. I'll be there." Rubbing his back softly, I continued to caress his ears.

"Are we going to escape?" No, just you, but of course I cant tell him that.

"Your going to escape. I promise."

"Once the door opens, I need you to run out of the facility. Fast." His sad expression turned into a look of fear.

"H-How?"

"Do you know how to shift yet?" I asked.

"Y-Yes, my brothers taught me." Jeongins eyes lightly tear up at the mention of his family, but he quickly wipes his tears away.

"Well, once you get out I need you to shift and run into the forest. Once your in the forest locate this smell."

It was a makeup brush, specially used for jimin that I stole the day before I was taken. The smell should still be there. It should lead him straight to The Bighit building.

"Take this. Its a map for where to go after locating this smell." The map was a simple drawing with colors of grey, blue, yellow, and red. I made it simple so he could follow the yellow line straight up to our doorway.

"What for?" His head muddled further into my chest making my heart clench.

"So you can go home." I explain, my voice lightly shaking as I observe the small boy in my arms.

"But I dont have a home anymore." Suddenly my shirt feels wet.

Hes crying.

"You have me." Voice cracking slowly, I pulll Jeongin up to sit on my lap as I embraced him.

"A-Are you gonna be at home with me?" He sobbed into my arms.

"Not yet baby, but you will be with someone who feels like me." I tried explaining as happily as I could but he cried even more.

"T-They feel like you?"

"Yes, like home. They feel like home." I reassured him, brushing my fingers through his dark hair.

"Okay, but promise you'll be there soon?" His cries slowly turn to sniffles before i answer him back.

I cant do this.

"I promise, okay. I promise."

I lied.

[Flashback end]

[Narrators Pov]

Suddenly the sky started to grow darker. Its was almost time.

The small boy paced around his room, moving quicker by the minute.

He knew it was almost time, so he grabbed the map and the brush and tucked it into the inside of his pants so he wouldnt lose it.

He was going to go home tonight.

No more punishments, no more pain, no more tears.

But he wouldnt have you.

He knew you weren't going to be there, thats why he cried. He wasn't a dense child who listened to empty promises.

He knew she was trying to sacrifice herself for him.

The only person who showed him love in the first time in forever, he was going to lose you, but hopefully that home you spoke about was real.

He wanted jimin to be real.

He didnt know what to believe, but he decided to just do it. So he made his way to the door, his black tail swishing softly.

"Im gonna do it, Eomma. I promise."

And the door opened.

There was a kick, and a punch, and blood. He saw you in your worst moment. You were bloody, but the people on the floor had blood around them. Lots of blood, so he ran.

He ran out the door, past the blood, past the guards and out the facility just like you told him. He didnt look back yet.

He ran so fast until his feet no longer felt like feet, but paws, but he still didn't look back.

He ran so fast that he couldn't hear a single soul behind him. So he looked, and he was alone in the forest.

He ran so fast that he made it to the smell.

He made it out of that terrible building.

"I made it."

He could be happy.

"Eomma I made it."

But you weren't out yet.

"Eomma, please make it."

So he wasn't as happy anymore.