Chapter 40 : Heaven forgiveness

'He will be fine.' Yanli smile sadly as she was holding onto Wangji's hand. She was told that the second young master of Gusu is not fond of skin contact but all Yanli can see is he just an awkward person. And right now, he seems like he needs someone to properly holding him and he was also her brother. By blood or not.

'Hn.' Wangji tightened his grip on Yanli gaining him another sweet smile from the oldest Jiang siblings. Just like his brother, Yanli had this kind and gentle pheromones. Attracting everyone to them. 'Can young m--'

'A-jie or Yanli will be enough, A-zhan.'

'Can A-jie stay with Wei Ying?'

'You going somewhere?'

Wangji nodded. 'There someone Wangji had to met. Don't tell everyone. Wangji will return.'

'Be careful.'

'Wangji will. Thank you.' Wangji grab his smartphone and wallet but only to stop as Yanli was grabbing his hand back. 'Yes?'

'Here.' Yanli kisses his forehead. 'Makes sure to come back home, unharmed. Please.'

Wangji eyes widened before a smile drawn on his face. 'Wangji will. Thanks.' maybe this is the feeling that his Wei Ying always told him. A security he felt whenever he was with the oldest Jiang. It was warm. And Wangji love it.

-----

'Yo.' Jingyi smirk as Wangji appear.

'What--are you doing here?' Wangji pull out his car key.

'Maybe this is the price us being blood-related?' Jingyi smirk. 'So--where were we going?'

'I'm going alone.'

'Self-sacrificing? That sound just like baba.'

'It's dangerous.'

'I'm a Jiang. My life always on dangerous line.'

'You still a child.'

'I am an adult. If you remembered today is supposed to be our ceremony for adulthood.'

'Still a child.' Wangji unlocked his car. 'Stay. Keep an eyes to Yuan and Wei Ying.'

'Yu-gege can do that.' again Jingyi smirking before entering the car.

'A-yi.'

'Come on we can use this as father-son bonding.'

'Not on this situation.'

'Come on Wangji-baba. Baba is unconscious right now. We have no idea what wrong with him but you. You knows what is happening. No, you have a hunch about it. And--' Jingyi pull out a crest. 'I found this on the ancestral hall. Its had something to do with this right?'

'As you said. A hunch.'

'Baba. I might be not as good as Yuan-gege and Yu-gege. But, I am a son of famous Sandu Sensho, Jiang Cheng and alpha Yiling, Wei Wuxian.'

Wangji flinch as Jingyi mentioned Cheng name. 'Also.' Jingyi smile yet Wangji turn his face away from Jingyi. 'I'm one of a sons of famous Hanguang-Jun of Gusu. Like who was brave enough to mess with me?' Wangji eyes widened as his name was mentioned. 'You think you not worthy being my father but only a sire?'

'That--I--not being there for you. Jiang Wanyin did.' Wangji look down.

'Then, Wei Wuxian is not my baba.'

'No!! Wei Ying is your baba. Your birth father. He--'

'So you are.' Jingyi sighs. 'You should be the one who consult me not the other way around. It's true that you aren't there for me. Watching me grow up even making sure I'm staying safe and sound. But, Wangji-baba. Did you forgot something? What you have done for Yuan-gege? You bear the shamed thrown toward you. You took the shameful mark on your back for protecting Yuan-gege. You kept your promised to Xian-baba. You pour every inch, every soul of your love to Yuan-gege. Your kept your silent instead of telling the whole world what actually happened. Also--' Jingyi took Wangji hand. 'You take the shame in a place of honor. How can I can't be anymore prouder?'