Chapter 2 : Fragrance of a Mother

"Reaching an age a status will be divided into their group of...status? An Alpha will be given an appropriate education that suit their status where usually leading the other status? A beta will be given a proper education that usually will help the alpha. Omega will be given an options either continuing their studies and chasing their dream or continuing their proper education as an omega. And lastly, the unstatus one or rather we called them Gifted will given a choice to enter any field or taken a proper education to help all three status."

"Teacher Nie, what about the relationship?" one of the student ask.

Smiling, Huaisang put down his fan onto the table, "A relationship involving a status will be a bit complicated. Like me. I was born omega so my option in marriage will be a bit difficult. I might ended up with an alpha as to continuing this circle but I can mated with anyone. Yet, the chance of me being impregnated by other than alpha is low. Though, the child that I bore will usually ended up being a Gifted." Huaisang eyed A-yuan who seems to be unfocused with the lecturer.

"I heard from my shufu that there are certain prohibition that must be follow." Jin Ling voice out.

"Ahh. That one." Huaisang sigh. "Though it all thanks to the Lans, we the omega now a bit free from those status abuse but still there a still lot of prohibition that need to be followed. Such, alpha cannot mated another alpha."

It now caught everyone attention.

"It cruel I know. It supposed to be no restrictions on the relationship. But it just happened. There are study saying that alpha who mated another alpha will bore unstable child. And that is why it was prohibited." Huaisang smile weakly. "But there also a rumors saying that an alpha who mated another alpha will cause a death to their partner and leading to unstable conditions to their partner. And a child who was born from both alphas parent will be killed under the law."

A gasps was heard from all of the students. And some of them seems to hold their breath.

"Why?" A-yuan finally spoke.

"As I said before. It created unstable child. How unstable? No one knows. But there a certain mark of this child. A mark of stars. It could be anywhere."

-----

"What wrong?" Jin Ling touch A-yuan's hand.

"Nothing." A-yuan smile.

"Don't lie to me, A-yuan."

"Really it's nothing. I just thinking it quite saddening. I mean a child that killed just because they were being born." A-yuan smile.

"The blamed is on the parent then. Knowing that it should never been done but stupid." Jin Ling spite.

Chuckled, A-yuan hold onto Jin Ling's hand. Lunch is already forgotten. "You know, A-Ling. I'm not really a son of Hanguang-Jun. I was adopted. He adopted me when I was being throw by my parent. But, his love for me. I always felt as in I didn't worth it. I--"

"Does it even matter who's your parent is?" annoyingly Jin Ling answered. "It was obvious that Hanguang-Jun love you as his child. And it also obvious that you are not some random child."

"What do you mean?" A-yuan was curious.

"Your aura. Though we have not yet received our status but I can felt it. Your aura is an alpha. I'm sure of it." Jin Ling smirk.

"You always so sure, aren't you?"

"Then you are saying that you an omega?" a new voice interrupted.

"WHAT!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OR ARE YOU BLIND? I'M A FREAKING ALPHA YOU IDIOT!! I'M CARRYING TWO MOST POWERFUL BLOOD. THE JIANG AND JIN!!" Jin Ling snapped.