O N E

A/N: editing is being done starting 28/08/24 so if you're reading this for the first time and the first few chapters are off compared to the rest of the chapters it's because they are being edited!

Reminder: the storyline may not always align with the original HP storyline! They start first year at 13 instead of the regular 11-12!

Important: The sorting hat in this story only lets the person they're sorting listen to the commentary it makes, the other students will only hear the house they were sorted in.
-

Y/N'S POV
-
The day finally came. This was my chance at receiving the one thing that would make my parents proud. My 13th birthday, but most importantly my chance to get into Hogwarts.

As I was began pacing around in my room only the letter of entrance was on my mind.

Never mind that it was my birthday but that letter, it was all I needed in this moment.

"If I don't get this letter...today won't even matter...everything will fall apart for me, I'll be a disappointment for them.. what will they tell people," I told myself.

The high expectations they put on me to receive this letter was more than a 13 year old should handle but it was the only thing going through my head.

"Y/N HALE COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW!" I heard my mother scream from downstairs.

I stared at my door as I heard the screams of my mother filling the room. I immediately hurried down and saw my parents sitting at the dinner table with a letter in front of them.

I felt myself fill up with joy and relief as I ran to grab the letter. I turned around and opened it away from my parents view.

Dear Miss Law,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1st. We wait for your owl no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Professor Minerva McGonagall

"I GOT IN, I GOT IN," I yelled as I turned around to look at my parents.

Their expression hadn't changed from when I first came downstairs causing me to stand still and look at them.

"Of course you were accepted in, you belong to the Law family," my father said.

"If they did not accept you imagine the embarrassment we would have do endure," my mother said.

"I know," I said looking away from them.

"I was just relieved" I said.

"Relieved!? Having doubts as a member of the Law family is why you're such a disappointment, you do not see your mother or I having doubts when we do any sort of business do you!?" my father exclaimed.

"I didn't mean it that way I-," I said.

"Go to your room before you make me even more ashamed to call you our daughter" they said.

I followed their order and went back up to my room. Just a couple more weeks. Just a couple more weeks and I'll be away for school.
-

A week before school began my parents and I went to Diagon Alley for school supplies. Upon arrival my parents went off to get my robes along with my pet leaving me to go for my wand.

My wand was a maple wood wand with a phoenix feather core. Being able to hold my wand filled me with excitement as I couldn't wait to go to Hogwarts, to be away from my parent.