Secrets... [ Part One ]

Secrets... everyone has some. They can range from protective or harmless to dangerous. Hiding some piece of information from others, for some reason or another. Fear seems to be a common reason.

Fear is a strong motivation, so it's unsurprising it causes such a wide range of outcomes. However, what happens when a Secret coming from a place of fear is revealed accidentally?

] [ ] [

Grian had a secret, one he found rather unsettling, if not dangerous in itself. One that involved a part of his past he'd rather not think about...
Evolution, or EVO for short, was the server Grian had helped run, helped build it up from nothing. A server with friends, one where tensions could be released and you could have fun. Well, for a while.
Things took a fast change when the
ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ came. They seemed harmless at first. Helpful, even, giving gifts and the portals that helped them jump to update after update. From Alpha to Beta, etc. However, that was proven to be an incorrect sentiment when they had taken one of the players. One of them that had held the group together. They took Grian away.
He was forced to become one of them. Immense training, new look, new powers, new name.
Of course, as soon as he had the opportunity, he ran. Ran and hid, within a server he knew would help. Hermitcraft.
He's yet to see the watchers since then. He knows their still looking for him, and that worries him. But he could only live in the moment, he couldn't look to an uncertain future. He couldn't.
The magic he had gained from the watchers never left. It still resided inside of him, and it begged to be used. He had to secretly use it regularly or else it would lash out. He learned that the hard way when Mumbo and Iskall found out.
He thought he had gotten good at hiding it. At containing this unwanted magic. So how did this happen...?

] [ ] [

Grian had made a small server for him and his friends, specifically Techno and Dream. They could log on and do anything they pleased on the world.
So, when Grian felt his watcher magic building up inside him, dying to be used, he retreated to the server. It was empty when he logged on, so he got... a little reckless.
He let his large, dark purple wings out, and his hands lighting up in a similar dark flame. His pupils turned themselves into a very odd shape, similar to a square with parts of the corners missing.
He had gotten caught up in expelling the magic, he hadn't noticed when Dream and Techno logged on.
They looked up at the smaller male, looking in awe and confusion. He had wings, and looked very powerful with the flames in hand. The... very odd flames.
"Grian?" Dream called out, very confused.
He spun around, and realized his mistake upon seeing his two friends.
"D-Dream! Techno! Wh-What you two doing here?" He said, his voice and stutter betraying his nerves. He flew down to the ground, his wings tucking themselves up against his back.
"Grian, what's going on?" Techno asked, obviously very confused.
Grian was nervously running his hand though his messy hair. "W-What ever do you mean, Techno?"
"The wings? The magic?" Dream asked, expanding on the previous question.
"O-Oh, those..." Grian trailed off. How had he messed up so badly? He just revealed himself to yet another two players. It was already nerve-racking enough with Mumbo and Iskall knowing.
"Is something wrong, Grian?" Dream inquired, tilting his head to the side a little.
"They just remind me of a bad time in my life." He said. When they both gave him sympathetic but curious looks, he explained his history with EVO to them.
"That's terrible! I'm sorry you had to go through that." Techno sympathized, looking just about ready to murder the ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ himself.
Dream gave Grian a hug, careful to avoid his wings. "We're here for you, okay? If you ever need anything, just ask."
Grian turned red, looking away. "O-Oh, Th-Thanks, both of you. I-It means a lot."

They spent the rest of the day with Grian, doing fun little activities, and Grian even showed them some magic. They had gotten really close since they met, and this had really just made them closer. Sparks had begun to fly, not that any of them were observant enough over their own gayness to notice

Secrets... One has been revealed. But how many more are still hidden? Who hides them, and what could they be?