Shocks and Shields

False was standing outside the barge curiously watching as Grian kept going in and out of the store, likely restocking. That wasn't the odd part though.
   The odd part was that he was sporting a shield, having it on his forearm as he worked. And it seemed he didn't even realize it was there.
   "Grian?"
   "False! Good to see you! How are you?"
   "I'm good, but why are you carrying around a shield? Those are more uncommon to see than Chestplates."
   They both had a small smile, knowing just how rare seeing someone with a chestplate on was.
   "I didn't notice, honestly!"
   "Aren't those things several pounds? Plus their rather bulky. I don't see how you couldn't notice it."
   Grian slid the shield off his forearm and set it aside. "I've got one on me most times these days, so I suppose I've just gotten used to it."
   "Why would you have it on you so often?"
   "Well-"
    Grian was interrupted by a figure leaping off the "roof" of the barge and takling him in a hug. False stood, shocked, as she looked down at the tall male smothering Grian in a hug.
   "This. This is why." Grian said, accepting defeat and leaning back against his boyfriend.
   "All your friends are clingy. First Mumbo and Iskall, now Dream and Techno."
   "I am not clingy!" Dream protested from the ground.
     Techno, brushing his long hair over his shoulder, came up to the small group. "Yes you are. So, this is where you run off to. Did you forget that George and Sapnap were planning to head to the nether with you today?"
   Dream stuck his tounge out at Techno, as False silently took her leave.
   "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. But I wanted Grian cuddles!"
   "I was recording, love." Grian chuckled, noting how he'd have to cut this out of the video.
   "Oh-" Dream said, before being pulled off Grian from Techno.
   "Let him record in peace, Dream. You could always livestream your nether adventures to distract yourself."
    "I suppose-"
    "I'll see you later, don't worry Dream. I'll make you a treat too!"
  Grian promised, being the only one of the three who could really cook without burning something, or starting a fire. He especially excelled with sweets.
   Dream could make very simple meals, but most of his cooking required it pre-made.
   Techno on the other hand.... He knew absolutely nothing about cooking. He started a fire last time Grian had him help make dinner. He's since been banned from using the stove or oven.
   "Okay, Okay. I'll see you later then, darling."

] [ ] [

  It was a couple days before his boyfriends shocked him again. This time he wasn't recording, at least. He was helping Mumbo detail a very basic building he had made around a Redstone machine.
   "I don't understand how this all works, anyway." Grian asked, standing on the edge and looking down at the Redstone.
   "You won't be touching it either way, Grian. Don't think I forgot the potato incident with Sahara last season." Mumbo told him, on the ground working on the details Grian had suggested.
    "It was an accident!" Grian insisted.
    Mumbo hummed something along the lines of "Sure it was." before his attention was diverted from the detail work by a shocked yelp from Grian.
    He looked up to where the small hermit was standing only moments prior, frowning. "Grian?"
   As he rounded the corner of the build he noticed what had happened. A certain boyfriend of Grian's had accidentally flown into him and knocked them both onto the ground.
   Grian was on his hands and knees overtop of Techno, both of them smiling like idiots.
   "If you and your boyfriend are going to make out, Grian, please go back to your own base." Mumbo commented, a smirk growing from the flustered looks he got from the two.
    "MUMBO!" Grian exclaimed, climbing off Techno to hide his red face in his hands.
    Techno kissed Gran's cheek before turning to Mumbo. "So you knew?"
   "I'm part of the reason you two and Dream got together, it wasn't hard to put two and two together."
    "Anyone else?"
   "I think X might have a suspicion, but he never had all the details of the misunderstanding before your confession, so he's definitely not sure yet. Iskall definitely knows, but I haven't confirmed nor denied his claims that you two are dating Grian. I doubt anyone else knows."
   "Please keep it that way until we are ready for everyone to know."
   Mumbo nodded. Techno rose from the ground and picked Grian up. "Now if you don't mind, I'll be stealing the bean now."
   Grian huffed a little, but he couldn't deny the smile on his face. "I'll see you later Mumbo."
   "See ya, Grian."
   Techno took off, albeit a bit shakily, and flew off, Grian in his arms. They were probably meeting up with Dream, if Mumbo's suspicions were correct.

Bonus Scene!
Their first ambush

   Grian was working on his base, and happened to be at his hobbit hole, searching the place for any spare materials.
   Dream was sat on top of the main circular window of the Hobbit Hole, Techno standing beside him.
   "Why are we doing this again? Also, what are we doing?" Techno asked.
    "I'm gonna attack Grian!" Dream said in a hushed tone.
    "Why are you going to do that?" Techno asked, not all that concerned, since between Grian's natural skill and new training, plus the fact that Dream would never hurt one of his boyfriends, Grian wasn't in any danger.
    "I dunno, but it'll be fun!"
   Dream got his opportunity as Grian walked out of the hobbit hole, pausing for a moment to, for once in a lifetime, check his Elytra durability.
    Dream took this opportunity to launch himself at Grian and topple the two over onto the ground.
    He smiled at the small hermit under him. "Hi, darling."
    Grian held a hand to his heart to calm himself, with a laugh. "You scares me half to death, Dream!"
    "I'm here too!" Techno protested, climbing down carefully instead of jumping like Dream did. It was a bit difficult in heels but he managed.
    "Of course you are, come here! Come join the cuddle pile!" Dream insisted, holding out a hand to Techno.
   Techno sighed and smiled as he took Dreams hand and was pulled to the ground with his boyfriends. "You two are so weird."
   "We know. But you love us!" Grian exclaimed, kissing Techno.
    Techno smiled, pulling away after a second. "I do."
   Dream gave a small pout. "Where's my kisses?"
    Grian and Techno laughed, each if them giving Dream the kisses he wanted.

I'll never understand my motivation. It'll be non existant for days, then suddenly it's in full swing and I'm motivated to write a lot in a short amount of time. If I get an idea or you guys want one of the songfics that were offered in the poll, then you might get three updates in one day, instead of just two!