Jealousy

Requested by : V_C_Tapioca

   Grian had been talking with the other architechs, or well, were they still called that since they recently moved to season seven?

   A/N I know it wasn't anytime recent that they switched, but I wanted a good amount of episodes of Season Seven posted before I switched it over, and I just recently caught up to the latest videos on everyone's channels.

  Either way, he had been speaking with Mumbo and Iskall about the Dream SMP. It had started with questions on Redstone for a project he planned for his base but eventually got to general chatting about the entire SMP.
    Iskall wasn't too interested but was glad Grian enjoyed the server. Even if it meant raking him away from him and Mumbo at times. The three had developed a bond through these last two seasons. Similar to a brotherly one.
   Mumbo was mainly in the same boat, not too interested in the server itself. He did find it interesting the chaos Grian described between its members, though.
   Mumbo had mentioned about how it might be fun to join and meet everyone Grian had hyped up so much.

    That was enough for Grian to take as him wanting to join the server himself and was currently following Dream around while he did basic errands, talking up Mumbo a bunch before he'd ask if Dream would whitelist him.
    "I think you'd like Mumbo, he's a really nice guy! Even if he's a spoon sometimes. Oh, and he is great at redstone!"
   "That sounds great, Grian." Dream commented, mainly used to Grains idle chatter about the hermits. However this time he felt less happy to hear Grian so excited than usual. He was talking about Mumbo a lot...
   "I think he'd be a great fun to have around! Did I tell you about the Civil War? He was a double agent during it!"
   "No, you didn't. You'll have to tell me sometime. Hey, do you want to hang out some more later? We can go to our flower garden."
    The flower field that they had went to when they first found out about Grian's watcher magic had become a sort of safe spot, whether it be a comfort zone or just a nice place to hang out. Grian had made it look a little cleaner than natural spawns, so now they referred to it as their garden.
    "Yeah! That sounds fun! Maybe Mumbo could join us! Oh, right, I almost forgot what I was gonna ask. Dream, could you whitelist Mumbo on the server? He was talking about how it'd be fun to join!"
   Dream froze. He felt that odd twinge of emotion again. Mumbo being around Grian more than he already was? Grian talked about him enough.
   "I thought that you wanted Hermitcraft and the SMP seperate?" Dream said, turning to face Grian. In all honesty, Grain never said that. It was just an excuse that Dream came up with on the spot.
    "When did I say that? Oh, doesn't matter, I probably forgot. But Mumbo is more a personal friend to me than he is "another member of hermitcraft." So, please?"
    "Grian, we just added Schlatt not that long ago, I don't think we can handle anymore drama that another member will bring to the server."
    "Oh, mumbo doesn't cause drama. He just helps out in the Drama I cause. And I won't create any if you don't want me to!"
    That odd feeling was getting stronger, harder to ignore. What was it though?
   "I still don't know, Grian. Nobody on the server but you knows Mumbo. And last time that happened was with you, because nobody but me or Techno knew you. It took awhile for everyone to warm up to you, remember?"
   "Yeah, but it turned out good in the end! Plus, Mumbo is a much more approachable guy than I am. Techno himself called me an energetic gremlin yesterday!"
    "Why are you talking about Mumbo so much??"
   "Because he's the topic of our conversation?"
   "Why'd you bring him up in the first place??"
   "He wanted to join?" Grian was very confused, before realizing what was going on and he laughed. "Dream, are you Jealous?"
   Jealous. He doesn't get jealous. That's preposterous.
   ...But it made sense when putting it to the odd feeling he was having.
    Grian took his silence as a yes. "There's no need to be jealous! Just because Mumbo will be on the server doesn't mean I'll forget about you, or spend any less time with you!" He insisted, taking Dreams hand.
    "I know that-" Dream insisted. Grian gave him a skeptical look. "Ok, okay, fine. Maybe I'm jealous. But just a little!"
    "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Dream." Grian said with that laugh that made Dreams cheeks burn every time he heard it.
    "Okay, okay. I'll whitelist Mumbo tomorrow. For now though, I think that we should go hang out in the garden, don't you?"
    Grian took his hand. "Sounds like a plan."
     They logged off the SMP and logged on to their world, spawning just outside the house Grian had built and walking over to the garden.
    They were there about two hours and Grian had found a bee which he was trying to keep around for as long as possible. His reasoning was "Because it's cute!"
   Around that time Techno had joined in their small hangout, and made Grian one of the flowercrowns, he loved so much. Techno seemed to be the best at making them, even though he had no idea how to make them until Grian taught him. Grian says he's a natural. Dream on the other hand thinks he sat out here for a long time practicing so he could make a really nice one for Grian whenever the small male wanted.

    True to his word, the next morning Dream whitelisted Mumbo_Jumbo to the SMP server. Although they found he wasn't on much anyway, generally focusing on Hermitcraft, only popping in for awhile when he wasn't doing anything in particular and felt like being social.

I've had this in my to-do list for awhile and then suddenly I just got an urge to at least start it. I start writing and before I know it I've got 965 words. So I'm just like -welp, might as well get it done now.
   So I did. And went back and corrected mistakes that I saw right away. (( aka. Sloppy editing ))

So, since it's done anyway, enjoy a double update day.