31| Breathe

Even though my mom told me not to recite any embarrassing stories of Benny in front of his girl . . .

I had to at least tell one story.

I mean, I had to tell the story of when Brian thought he was funny and bought him a sex toy and Ben opened in front of my mom and Brian's family. Ben is not a guy who gets embarrassed easily. Being captain of the football team plays a great part to that. But that time, his cheeks got so red you would think he had blusher on.

Victoria almost choked on laughing, even more so when I showed her the video that Brian sent to me when he filmed Ben's reaction without him knowing. Ben was so mad, one because he didn't even know this video existed. Two, because I showed it to his girlfriend. He tackled me to the floor and tried to grab my phone, which was useless because Brian has it in his phone and on a flash drive. Good thing I'm used to Ben's attacks and dodged him the best I can.

Suffice to say, he made an even bigger fool of himself than I did.

Victoria even had the courage to ask if he kept the gift. This was the second time his cheeks turned this red. Although we are open about sex around each other, my mom and I didn't want to know if he kept it and what he and V may or may not do with it.

Mom wanted me to bring Luca with me, but he said he had other plans and I didn't press. She wants to invite him for a proper meet-the-parent-dinner. I told her to do it after I turn in my designs in less than two weeks. This way I will focus my mind on the dinner and not on my deadline.

I haven't seen Luca in two days. He has an interview he's been busy preparing for, and I am trying to make the most of my free time working on my designs. I don't want to stress myself and do everything last minute. If everything goes according to plan and with no complications, I should be done a couple of days before the deadline.

I'm really proud of this collection. In the beginning I had some troubles coming up with ideas, but I'm happy with what I've come up with. The clothing pieces are simple yet intricate. I payed more attention to little details rather than trying to invent the next fashion trend. The skirts have a lot of layers and they are fluffy to resemble Luca's curls. I'm most excited about the suit that I made. The jacket has a lot of unique patterns and the little bow is like the cherry on top. The little doodles that I did, when I was trying to come up with ideas, will be in the background when the models walk wearing the finished product.

My phone goes off in my room and I wash my hands to remove flour that's stuck to my fingers. I had taken a break and make a batch of cookies.

The ringing stops, but after a second it goes off again. I rush to my room and frown when I see Luca's name. He is supposed to be on his way for his interview. It is eighty percent of the final grade, so it's pretty important to not be late.

"Hey, Luca."

"Can you come?" His voice is urgent so I make no joke about what he just said.

"Why? What's wrong?" My heart starts beating faster.

"Just please come to my room." My mind goes a hundred miles per minute with different scenarios.

Is he hurt? Maybe he fell and can't get up anymore. Oh god. I hope he's fine.

"Bella, please." He chokes out, and I rush toward the living room.

"I'll be there in two minutes."

He hangs up and I curse when I see that I'm barefoot. I see Sara's sandals near the door and hurriedly put them on. People look at me with confused expressions as to why I'm running on campus. I don't care what anyone's thinking, I just want to see if Luca is fine.