Gym oh Gym

(Y/n) POV

Opal gave a small wave, I returned the act. "I'm ready to start." I said leading for a woman, younger than Opal, to come out. "My name is Lisa, lets get started. " she said sending out a Cutiefly. "Aw it's so tiny." I cooed to the tiny Pokémon. It hummed, leading me to send out Boltund. "Alright let it begin." Opal called out letting us start.

-a minute into the battle-

"Alright, question. What did I eat for breakfast? Omelet or Curry?" Opal asked, making me look at her. "What?" I asked, having Lisa cough a very fake one. "Um omelet?" I was unsure about myself, but Opal nodded. "Correct." Then the battle continued without another question.

I soon defeated Lisa, having her walk away. "Opal what was that question about?" I asked her while the next woman came out. "Part of the gym challenge." She replied.

"So not a normal gym.." I mumbled unaware Opal heard. "That's because we're a fairy type gym dear." She quickly replied. I let out a quiet laugh, sending out Wooper. The woman sent out a Clafairy. "Ooooh it's so cute." I herd Wooper let out a very upset cry. "Your cuter Wooper."

-after answering all the question-

"You have completed the gym challenge see you on the field." Opal said, leaving her table. I nodded, like she saw, walking over to where the exit to the field was. A few stray papers caught my eye, I picked them up seeing that they were test scores for Sonia and Leon.

Sonia
Answers correct: 4/4
Battles: 1 fail

Leon
Answer correct: 1/4
Battles: 2 fails

I stifled a laugh seeing that the undefeated champion lost twice. I put them back, on a table walking onto the field. Opal stood with her cane umbrella? She was waiting for me. "Sorry to keep you waiting." I said

Opal smiled seeing me. "Not at all dear, I'm exited." She said, walking over to her spot on the field, I followed suit. Opal sent out her Mawile, I sent out my Boltund. [I know basic]

"Let the battle begun!"

-after, I'm a lazy author-

Hop was standing outside of the door when I got out of my jersey. "Hop, did you see?" I asked having him laugh a tiny bit. "Saw the whole thing." He said, making me smile. "I do feel bad for beating her, I mean I know it's her job but she's so sweet." I said subconsciously grabbing Hop's hand.

"Alright then shall I go in now?" Hop asked, having a smile that turned my face pink. "Y-yeah I mean if you want to you can I'm in no hurry." I stuttered out, having him laugh shortly. "Hey it's ok, I know what you mean. I'll go do the gym now, won't keep you waiting." He said starting to walk away. I could feel him tug at my hand, pulling me to soon fall.

"(Y/n) are you ok? What happened?" Hop quickly got down to my level, very worried. "I'm fine. I don't know.." I lied having my face become a bright red. "Please be more careful, I don't want you to be hurt."

________________

*screams* 5k reads- that's a lot, what have you done-

Word count: 548