Twenty-Third Trouble

Yu Er barged into the house which was unlocked. He supported Sean who still injured, though now Sean's condition was better. He could walk but still limply, and his body temperature still hot though was not as hot as when they were still in the forest. Mrs. Wang who just finished her diner turned her head to see who was coming.

"So, you have come. Finally...." Mrs. Wang muttered.

"Madam! Sean will help Bo!" said Yu Er, without bother with Mrs. Wang's words.

"I'm sorry, Aunty.... I can't run after Bo...!" said Sean.

Mrs. Wang heaved a sigh. She walked over to the two of them. He looked at Yu Er.

"I know you," Mrs. Wang said.

"We'll talk later!" replied Yu Er.

"Where is Bo, Aunty?" asked Sean.

"He was gone this afternoon. He said he has some work. Do you know what his works is?" asked Mrs. Wang.

Sean opened his mouth about to ask Mrs. Wang how come she didn't know her son's work. But when he remembered Bo's story, his mouth closed again.

"Madam! It's not the time for you to interrogate him! Just send him to Bo!" Yu Er raised her voice at the old woman.

"Who are you raising your voice at me??" Mrs. Wang snapped. She glared at Yu er sharply.

Yu er silent. Sean looked at the two women alternately with the confused look.

"Remember your position here!" Mrs. Wang continued. "Don't think just because you gave birth to him and you can claim him anytime you wish! Where were you when he needed you most? I know nothing about hybrid! Lucky my husband does! Do you know how I struggle to understand him when it came to his session? Especially when my husband was gone?? Think before you dare to raise your voice at me, command me to do whatever you ask me to! Think of your position! Don't say it's for his good! I live with him longer than you!"

Yu er didn't talk back. She lowered her head. She realized she was being selfish for not coming to see Bo even once for these past 22 years, and her excuse was only one. If she did come to visit Bo in his foster parents' house, she will only put Bo and his foster family in danger.

"Do you get enough of hiding in your hideout? Yu Er?" asked Mrs. Wang.

Yu Er raised her head and looked at Mrs. Wang.

"Mrs. Wang... I... Where is Sean?" Yu Er discouraged her plan to talk to Mrs. Wang about their matter, when She found that Sean wasn't with them anymore.

The both women looked around. But Sean wasn't in the house. But then....

"Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!"

They heard a scream from the basement. And a loud bang and thud could be heard.

Mrs. Wang and Yu Er looked at each other. Then, promptly they ran to the basement. They found Sean who was balled up in the corner near the small metal door that crossed by a metal bar.

"Sean! What happened?" asked Yu Er, jumped at Sean who was sitting on the floor and shivering.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" asked Mrs. Wang. She was regretted Sean who dared to open the inhibition where she always hides Bo inside there every three or four months every year.

"I thought Bo is here. I can feel him...." Replied Bo, with trembled voice.

The two women looked at him, then sighed.

"Then?" asked Mrs. Wang.

"Then... Then when I opened the door just now. What I saw inside wasn't Bo at all. It was the ugly dog!" cried Sean.