Up In The Clouds

Ji Eun opened her eyes slightly to see a person laying down beside her, Jungkook. He was sound asleep with her head on his hand. He looked...peaceful. She ran her finger down his face slowly careful not to wake him.

"So he is Jungkook oppa, the boy I first fell for," She whispered and looked down at his bracelet she made for him long time ago. She used to write words on every one of her bracelets.

"Mine," She read Jungkooks bracelet. Ji Eun shook her head, for a 4 year old she really knew what she wanted and placed her mark on it from the very beginning.

"Like what you're looking at?" He asked her suddenly and she jumped slightly but couldn't move as his arm had a firm grip on her waist.  Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, dark brown eyes stared at her.  He moved a piece of her hair that was dropping over her eyes.

"It's all over," He said

"Ji Woo?" She asked quietly

"Ji Woo saved us all. Soo Hyuk was apparently my half blood brother," Jungkook muttered

"What?" Ji Eun said

"Nobody wanted him and I got all the attention. I don't know whether to feel bad for him or hate him,"

Ji Eun looked at him, "it would be nice if we could pretend this was all a dream,"

"I don't want that. Then we wouldn't have met,"

Ji Eun smiled, "we don't really know much about each other anyway,"

Jungkook pulled her into his arms so she laid right by his heart and could hear his heartbeat very clearly, "we can start again slowly," He whispered and moved back to look at her eyes again, "I'd like to get to know you Lee Ji Eun shi, all over again," He said softly and took her small face in his hands and gently placed his lips on hers.

The sound of the gentle rain and the wind howling in the distant but no one could stop them.  They met each other again.

-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So are you moving out?" Jungkook asked Tae Oh who was packing his stuff

"I bought an apartment so that omma and I could live together. I haven't seen her in a long time and it's better if I catch up with her,"

"Ahh, thats true,"

"Hyung, are you moving in with noona?"

Jungkook chocked.

"YAH! I mean, yes but not in a way you're thinking,"

"Ahh... really? Sure," Tae Oh smirked

"Wear a suit. We have to go to the funeral in abit," Jungkook

In the funeral hall stood Park Se Jin, the bodyguards, Jungkook, Tae Oh and Ji Eun.

Jungkooks father had been sent to jail due to stealing blood from healthy people without their consent.

Park Se Jin now works as the head of the bodyguards and  Jungkooks manager

Kim Tae Oh.. wait.. Kim Tae Joon trained as a bodyguard and was hired by Jungkook on the spot. He wanted to be like Ji Woo Hyung, saving everyone silently.

Jungkook laid down on Ji Eun's lap as she stroked his hair. It was raining outside so they stayed home after the funeral.

"I think I can forgive Ji Woo," Jungkook said to Ji Eun, "He kept all the pain to himself without telling anyone else. He must've been scared at that age. He saved all of us silently and always risked his lives for us,"

"So you forgive him?" Ji Eun said stroking his hair softly

"Yea. He protected my mother as best as he could. He protected Tae Oh and you. He didn't kill my dad even when he wanted to and he protected me until the very end,"

"You're right about that. I wish we could tell him we forgive him and that he could restart his life and be happy. He deserved a happy ending to his life,"

"Don't worry. A good soul will be reborn again. We'll meet him again but in a different life,"

Jungkook tilted his head looking out at the clouds that were pouring rain

"Now he's up in the clouds,"

Ji Eun looked at the clouds as well

"He's safe,"

------------------

[Author's Note]

I never thought I could finish one book! Thank you to everyone who stayed and read! I love you all! See you in my next book probably ;)

EDIT : I think it's appropriate for one final chapter to be a happy ending 🥰