Eat Dinner With Me

The universe itself was conspiring on behalf of their love story -  John Green

Ji Eun had just finished decorating her new personal area when she heard her stomach grumbled. She looked at her watch and it was around 12 pm, lunch break. She peered at the president's room which was directly opposite hers to see President Jeon typing on his laptop.

'Should I ask him if he wants to eat lunch?' she wondered

She thought about it three more times before knocking on his door.

"Come In,"

"Good afternoon President Jeon, would you like to eat lunch together. Its already lunch break and I thought you---," she got cut off by President Jeon staring at her

"I'm not a baby. If I'm hungry I'll get my own lunch," he said and looked back at his laptop.

Ji Eun bowed before leaving the room.

"Ah, what a rude way to reject an offer," she mumbled and grabbed her bag and the notebook that her intern left before going to the lift. According to the notebook, the cafeteria was on the second floor. Her stomach grumbled louder.

'How embarrassing!'

She entered the Cafeteria to hear the buzzing of the employees that were chatting away while eating their food. It was so lively here unlike the atmosphere on the President Floor. She grabbed a tray and head towards the large selection of food. Other than high security, Daebok Group was always praised for its quality food and Ji Eun had to agree. There was so much food to choose from. Korean Cuisine, Japanese Cuisine, Traditional Malaysian Cuisine, Chinese Cuisine, Western Cuisine, soup selections, dessert table, plenty of steamed dumplings and red bean porridge. Her mouth watered at the sight of the food. She quickly filled her plate and sat down at an empty table.

"Hello! You must be the new secretary for the president. Mind if we join you?" Ji Eun looked up to see 3 people standing in front of her table with trays.

"Yes, of course. Please sit!" she replied.

"I heard you are President Jeons' new secretary. I don't know whether to congratulate you or feel sorry for you. I'm Bomi by the way. I work in with the marketing team," a girl with dark red hair said

"Why would you feel sorry for me?" Ji Eun asked curiously

"Haven't you heard? The president has a nasty temper. People said it was probably associated with this past. I mean kidnapping does sound like a horrifying experience," the guy wearing glasses said

"Yah Chen! We shouldn't talk about the President's personal life matter with someone who just started their first day here. What if you scare her away?" The guy on Chens left said while hitting him

"Scare me away how? and you are?" Ji Eun asked

"Names Ryan.I'm from the states so I don't have a Korean name. I'm manager Se Jin's personal assistant. You're new here and it's understandable if you don't understand the President but have you ever heard of his secretaries? He is the president and he should have a secretary all the time because he's very busy but he only ever had one secretary and after she left, he never hired another one again," Ryan responded.

"Why?" JI Eun asked

" That is what we'd like to know too but no one ever knows. I bet you 1 million won that Manager Se Jin knows. He used to work as a bodyguard for the presidents family," Bomi replied.

" His father is wealthy and he owns most of the hospitals in Korea," said Chen

"How can a president only have 1 secretary all his life?" Ji Eun mumbled and quickly finished her food. She headed back to the 14th floor after her meal. As the elevator doors opened, she saw President Jeon standing in front of her.