Chapter 14

good sides

When I woke up at twelve in the evening I was laying in bed. I looked around, disorientated. Blade must have carried me up here when he went home. A small smile threatened to break through. I sighed and went back to sleep.

The following morning, I got ready and decided on a white top with a flower and pale orange pants. My parents were gone as usual and Ronnie was already waiting for me in her car. "So, are you still on for this afternoon?" she asks me as soon as I sat down. "Ye ah for sure. My nails need some attention." I reply while looking at my nails with a disgusting face. I turned on some music and on our way to school we sang along to Brent Faiyaz. Honestly, I love his voice.

Classes passed by in a second. probably because today I had most classes with the guys and they kept on pranking the teachers and stirring problems. It was really funny to watch. It was even funnier when they got detention during lunch and after school. I couldn't stop laughing which made the guys glare at me. Especially Nick. "I thought we were friends!" he whined while we walked out of the classroom. "We are, and that's the exact reason I am laughing." I said cheery.

After school me and Ronnie went to the nail salon. Mia couldn't make it because she was hanging out with Isaac. I'm glad that they were okay again. Mia told him about her reservations towards him and he told her that he would do everything he could to earn her trust. I thought it was happening quite fast but apparently, they have been hanging out for a couple months already. Anyway, I was happy for them.

"What are you going to do for you nails?" I ask Ronnie. "I just want simple this time. Probably black. I nodded. "cute. I'm gonna go for white." I told her. She smiled in approvement. Just then my phone started ringing. I fished my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the caller id, it said big guy. I rolled my eyes. "Its blade." I said to Ronnie. The corner of her mouth quirked upwards. "What do you want?" I asked Blade as I answered the phone. "Tsk Tsk. Is that anyway to answer the hottest guy you ever met?" he said jokingly. I rolled my eyes again.

"But to answer your question, I'm coming over so get some snacks ready." Just then the lady that was going to be doing my nails told me to show her which ones I wanted. I pointed at an example with white nails with a small red heart. She nodded her head to tell me she understands and I smiled at her to thank her. "Well big guy, I can't right now. I'm in the nail salon." I tell him. "that's stupid." He answered.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes for the third time. "No, it's not." I said irritated. "Well anyways than I will get the snacks. Just hurry the fuck up." I raised an eyebrow even though he couldn't see it. "You can't even get into my house you bafoon." He laughed. "Then explain to me how I'm in your room right now." I groaned. "Ugh I hate you. Keep your paws to yourself. I will notice if you touch anything!" I said warningly.

"Yeah just hurry, I'm bored." I sat down in the chair and gave the lady my left hand since I was holding the phone with my right hand. "I honestly don't give a shit. I'm gonna take my damn time and I'll see you when I'll see you." With that I hung op the phone.

"That sounded intense." Veronica said while wiggling her brows. I gave her the finger. "You're the absolute worst." She laughed. "You only say that because you don't want to admit that I am right." I just ignored her this time and enjoyed my time in the relaxing chair. When Ronnie and I were done we admired the work of the two kind ladies. "Thank you so much it looks amazing." I told mine. "No problem, it suits you." She said. I smiled at her and said goodbye after I paid.

 I smiled at her and said goodbye after I paid

When I got home, I couldn't see Blade anywhere so I hoped he gave up and just left, or that he was joking and didn't get into my house at all. My hopes were dashed to the grounds when I found him in my room. He was laying on his back in my bed. Arms and legs spread widely, fast asleep. I chuckled and put down my schoolbag. He was kind of cute when he was asleep. Probably because I didn't have to deal with his ego bigger than the universe.

I smile tugged my lips when I got an idea. I got ready and run to the bed, I jumped on him with a loud scream. He woke up in an instant. "What the fuck Hope!" I laughed. Still laying on top of him. "That was so funny!" I was laughing so hard that tears started to trickle their way down on my face. "Hope I was dreaming such pleasant dreams." He whined. "Yeah probably you fucking some hot celeb." I joked. I looked up to look him in the eyes. "You are annoying." He said while stifling a yawn. "I am tired so I'm just gonna go back to sleep." He said.

"Ugh couldn't you just do that at your house?" I asked him but he just flat out ignored me. "Little fucker." I mumbled. I was still laying on top of him so I decided to get up. "No don't go." Blade murmured. "You're warm." He put his arms around my waist and pulled me even closer to him. "Blade let me go." I demanded. "No, go to sleep." I huffed but listened to what he said. what? He is right, it is warm! And realllyyy comfortable. Before I knew it, I dozed off to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

When I woke up, he was gone. This has got to stop happening. Me falling asleep when Blade is here. My stomach grumbled to remind me I still needed to eat. It was now seven pm. I quickly changed into black sweatpants and a hoodie and made my way downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw my mom and dad. My mom was finishing some work on the worktop and my dad was cooking spaghetti. What I didn't expect to see was Blade helping my dad.

I combed a hand through my hair. "Hey guys." I said confused. I gave my mom a kiss on her cheek and hugged my dad. "Smells great." I told him. he smiled at me. "Yeah I know right, I got a little help from your buddy over here." He nodded at Blade. "Yeah I can see that." I said. I raised an eyebrow at him. Blade just shrugged. "Why don't you guys set the table and I will finish dinner." My dad said happy. "Sure dad." I answered.

when we had set the table dinner wasn't ready for another fifteen minutes so Blade and I decided to go sit in the living room. "What are you still doing here?" I asked him curiously. "I was planning to leave but I stumbled a cross your parents and they invited me to dinner." He said casually. "And they didn't ask you why you were here?" he chuckled. "I told them about the art project. That was the reason I came over in the first place." O right, the art project. We should've worked on that today. "Right." I mumbled. Still a bit sleepy from my nap.

After dinner we decided that we were to tired to work on the project. So, we just chilled on my bed. He was scrolling through Instagram and I was reading a book on Wattpad. He was sitting with his back propped up against the headboard and I was laying vertical with my head on a pillow that was placed on his lower leg. I caught myself really enjoying my time with him more and more. It doesn't matter what we do but it's just chill and fun. we don't even have to talk or anything but its just nice to be in each other's company. I would even go so far to say that I was wrong about him. I mean he is still a lady's man and he can be an asshole sometimes but he has more sides to him. good sides. 

Thank you for reading!

Love, Faye