Chapter 17

Jump his bones!

Today it was Friday. Only one more day of hell. I slammed my alarm clock so it would finally shut the fuck up and stretched my arms above my head. Blade had slept in one of the guest bedrooms, I told him he could just go home but he didn't want to listen so I gave up and decided to be thankful that I have friends who care about me.

I felt really good today for some reason, so I decided to dress up a bit. I picked out a soft pink maxi dress, white chunky sneakers and white socks that came out above the shoes. I let my hair in its natural waves and applied some mascara and a soft pinkish lip-gloss. I took a double take in the mirror and decided I looked good.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I saw a fruit salad that our cook had prepared. He doesn't come in often, only for special occasions and when my parents are gone for a while, he prepares a couple of meals and leaves them for me. I grabbed a bowl of the fruit salad and a spoon and began eating.

Blade walked in when I was almost finished. "Hey, sleep alright?" I asked him. He ran a hand through his soft hair and smiled at me. "Yeah, pretty good actually." I finished the bowl and put it into the dishwasher. "You can just grab whatever you want." I told him. I mean if he is going to be living with me for a week he shouldn't have to be asking. He nodded at me and also grabbed some of the fruit salad.

"You look good today." He said in between bites. I blushed a little. "Thanks. So, do you." I meant it. His jeans fitted perfectly and his navy-blue t-shirt clung to his muscular body. For a second, I thought about the pool incident and how we stood so close, but I quickly shad it. We are just friends.

Just friends Hope. Just friends. I chanted inside my head.

Don't get your hopes up.

Ha the irony.

*

*

School was absolute torture. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about Blade. I know its stupid. A month ago, I hated his guts and now it seems as if I am attracted to him.

I was currently standing by my locker with Josh and Veronica. "So, when are you going out with James again?" Josh asked me.

"Honestly I have no idea. We have been texting but we are both busy. I mean that art project is basically consuming al my time and he has football."

"Don't you mean Blade is consuming all your time?" veronica said teasingly.

I groaned. "Ronnie you know it's not like that. I'm just spending so much time with him because I have to. I mean I do enjoy his company but that is just a plus." I said honestly. I mean, I think?

"Girl, we both know he is a total daddy. I say jump his bones." Josh said while licking his lips as if he was thinking about jumping Blade's bones himself.