Chapter 26

Channing Tatum here I come!

*

After school I catch a ride with Blade. As soon as I get home, I sprint towards the fridge to get food. Blade shakes his head and walks in behind me. "Don't you greet your folks anymore?" my dad asks with a smile on his face. I turn around with a mouth full of wrap. "Oh, hey didn't see you there." I shamelessly say. My parents and Blade make a face of disgust. "Hello Blade, good to see you again. Did you guys have fun last night?" my mom quizzes.

Blade greets her back. "Yeah we just hung out at this movie theater just out of town." He declares. My mom and dad share a look and I roll my eyes. "Do you want some?" I look at Blade and gesture at my salmon wrap. He shakes his head no.

"Well we are going to go shopping." My father states as he stands up and empties his remaining coffee in the sink. He walks out and my mom follows him after giving me a hug and a wave to Blade.

"Well let's get this show on the road." I say as I grab his hand and pull him with me.

*

Two long hours later we decided to give it a rest for today. My parents had texted me that I would be alone for dinner so I ordered a pizza and shared it with Blade. We are currently seated on the couch. My feet in his lap.

"So, what is your spirit animal?" I randomly ask him. 

"Snakes." He answers without a second thought. 

I look at him in surprise. "Why snakes?" I take a bite out of my pizza. "Because they continue to evolve themselves. They represent healing and is in many cultures seen as the source of life." He says. I nod my head in understanding. "I didn't expect that.

 So, are you into spiritual things?" I finish my pizza and reach over to take one of Blade's slices since I already finished all of mine.

He glares at me but doesn't pay it anymore attention. "I mean a little bit yes but not a lot. I just like to meditate sometimes. That is a technique I learned from my therapist to control my anger. I struggled a lot with my anger issues when I was younger. I still do sometimes but meditating helps." His hand rest on my calves and I look at him in awe. "What caused your anger issues?" I can't help but ask.

He shrugs. "I don't know if there is one particulier reason. I hated that my dad was never home, I got betrayed a few times. I couldn't cope with that so I started to act out. My mom helped me through it though. She stood by my side and never judged me for it. She tried her best to understand me and what I was going through." He smiles.

 "Yeah she is the best."

 I shuffle over to him and lay my head on his lap instead. "She is a really great woman." I agree with him. "Thank you for sharing this with me." I say as I grab his hand in mine and give it a soft squeeze.

"So, have you ever been in a relationship?" he changes the subject.

"Nope. I hooked up with like two guys through out the years when I was really drunk at some party's but with one it only happened once and with the other it was about five times. Only kissing and a little touching but that's about it." I say honestly. He has been really open with me so I should treat him the same.

He massages my head by combing his hand through my hair.

"Why did you decide to stay single?" he hits me with the next question and I chuckle lightly.

"Oh, I didn't decide."

He scoffs. "Hope, you are gorgeous from the inside and the outside. I know that you have been asked out a lot. Almost every guy in the school has or had a crush on you. You can't fool me Angel, so why don't you tell me the real reason."