Chapter 21

New Friends

The rest of the day was just plain boring and when the final bell rang, I darted out of the classroom. Nick was so kind to give me a ride home since Ronnie had cheer-practice and Blade had training. Sometimes I wonder if I should take on an extra-curricular but I just don't really like anything. I mean I did like to dance but I quit a couple years ago. Now I only dance for fun at parties and such.

After I told Nick goodbye and gave him a hug, I made my way into the house. I started on my homework because Mondays are the absolute worst. When I was done, I grabbed a quick bite to eat and sat down on the couch. I am bored. So, what can I do?

Blade still wasn't back from practice so I couldn't annoy him. Nick had some family dinner. Ronnie is always exhausted after cheer. Mia had plans with Isaac. So that only really left Cameron. The thing is we weren't really friends. We barely talked to be honest. He was that one quiet, brooding guy of our friend group. Not that anything is wrong with that but that is the reason we haven't talked much. Maybe I should just text him, or is that weird? He probably has stuff to do anyways.

I rolled my eyes at myself. "Come on girl. If you want to make friends you have to make an effort." I told myself. I picked up my phone and send him a text if he wanted to grab some food. Yeah, I know I just ate but it isn't enough.

He replied after five minutes to tell me he would pick me up in thirty minutes. I smiled. He honestly seems like a really great friend to have. I pass by one of the mirrors in my house and make a disgusted face. "Yeah this ain't gonna happen." I look myself up and down and shiver in distaste.

I quickly shower because I had sports today. Since it was only the last hour I decided against showering at school. I don't know why but it just makes me uncomfortable. Of course, I would have taken a shower if I wasn't going home straight after. After I rinsed my body, I look for a cute but not too extra outfit. These last few months/weeks I have been stepping up my fashion game. I actually quite enjoyed picking out outfits.

I grabbed some denim jeans that I paired with a glittery belt white air-forces and a black crop top. I straightened my hair just because I felt like it and put on some jewelry. Content with how I looked I smiled in the mirror before I heard a car honking. I checked the time and saw that the thirty minutes had already passed so it was probably Cameron.

I skipped down the stairs and wrote down a quick message to tell Blade I was out

I skipped down the stairs and wrote down a quick message to tell Blade I was out. I opened the front door and saw Cameron waiting in front of the gate. I walked over to Jackson who is the head of our security and told him that Cameron was always welcome at our place. He nodded his head and wrote down Cameron's full name and number plate. "Have a nice evening Jackson." I told him with a smile which he returned. "You too miss Moore." I waved at him and walked over to Cameron's car.

"Hey." I said as I got in. "Hey, where do you want to go?" he asked me as he backed out of the driveway. "I don't know, maybe Mac Donald's or something? Oh wait! We can go to that new place that opened up near the school. I think it called Sunset Hills."