Chapter 35

Confessions

*

"Guess I'll see you tonight." Blade says as he drops me off at my room. "Don't you want to see the magazine?" I ask him and he looks down the hallway before looking back at me. "Yeah okay." I turn around and open the door for the both of us. We walk inside and I put down the bag to grab the magazine. I drop down at the couch and gesture for Blade to do the same.

He looks reluctant but sits down next to me. I show him the magazine cover and he furrows his brows. The picture they used as the cover was when we all walked out of the Hotel yesterday to go to the Met. Blade and I are looking at each other while he is grinning and I have a soft smile playing around my lips. Blade has his arm around me and it looks like we share more than friendship because of our proximity and how we are looking at each other.

"At least we look good." Blade tries to lighten the mood and I can't help but playfully roll my eyes.

"Yeah but see what they are saying about me, us?" I point at the text. "They are so stupid why would I do that." he shrugs. "They just want some easy money, if they have to spin a story to achieve that, they will." I sigh and open the magazine, looking for the article that was promised on the cover. "I just don't like the idea of people believing this stuff." I say sadly. I read the article while Blade doesn't pay anymore attention to it.

It doesn't get any better. Instead they have this fucking fairytale story thought out with me as the evil stepmother. When I am done reading, I scoff and close the magazine before throwing it on the table.

Blade grabs my chin and forces me to look him in the eyes. "Hope, the people who matter to you won't believe it and that's what counts." He sweetly says. "I know." I sigh and lean into his touch without realizing it. "I have always found it hard to deal with these things." I say honestly. "That's only human, just know that I don't believe it, neither will the rest of our friends or your family."

He leans forward and presses a kiss on my forehead. "Blade?" he retreats and looks at me questioningly. "Yes?" I want to tell him that I am sorry and that I didn't mean any of the things I told him the day after Halloween but for some reason I can't form the words. "Nothing, Thank you." I say while biting my lip. For a second there is a glimmer of sadness in his eyes before he blinks it away. "Don't worry about it." He stands up and looks down at me.

"I have to go but as I said I will see you tonight." I nod but stay seated and I watch him leave with a troubled heart.

*

I take a quick shower after he left and order some room service. Because I am the lazy person I am, I call Ronnie instead of walking the ten steps to her room.

"Hey what did you do today?" Ronnie says as soon as she picks up the phone. I laugh. "Want to come over to mine and eat?" I ask her, ignoring her question since we can just talk when she is here. She lets out an upset sigh. "Gladly, i'll be there in ten." It hurts to hear her like this so I am glad we will have some time to talk about it. "Okay see you soon." I say softly before she hangs up the phone.

I am dressed in some Christmas pj's since I have no idea what our plans for tonight are. I had no clue that we had plans so I will just ask Ronnie about it later. After ten minutes I hear a knock on the door and I open it to find both Ronnie and the food. I thank the room steward and tip him kindly. He smiles grateful and turns around.

I open the door for Ronnie and she rolls our dinner inside.

"So, what troubles you?" I ask when we are both seated on the soft sofa and have our plate full of delicious Italian pasta. "What? Nothing." Ronnie reacts stressed like she hadn't expected the question. I blow out my breath and give her an 'Are you serious?' look. She puts her fork and knife down. "Look I just don't really want to talk about it okay?" she mumbles uncomfortable.