Chapter 28

Good for him

*

The rest of the car ride is silent. Nothing I will say makes any of this better and I know that Blade just needs to see his little brother. We arrive at the hospital and I park the car. Blade doesn't move and he stares out of the window. I sigh and walk over to him. I open the car door and grab his hand that is cold as ice.

"Blade." I say softly. "Are you coming?" His eyes wander of to me. "I don't know if I am ready to see him." his voice breaks. "They said it is really bad." A tear rolls out of his eye and I wipe it away. "Blade, I know you can do this. He needs your support. I know that its hard to see someone you love in such a state but I will be there to support you." I don't even know why I said that. Why does my support matter? It seems to help though because he gets out of the car and indulges me in a hug. I hug him back and after a couple seconds he grabs my hand and we walk through the hospital entrance.

We ask the receptionist for directions and after a while we find the room that his Samuel is in. he knocks on the door and I give his hand that is still in mine a squeeze. The door opens and reveals a crying Gabriella. She opens the door wider and we step in. Blade looks at me and I give him a reassuring look before he walks over to Samuel.

I revert my attention back to Gabriella. "I am so sorry." I tell her and I step forward to give her a hug. "Thank you for coming with him." she whispers into my ear and I give her a small smile. The door opens again and Logan walks in with two coffees, looking tired and stressed which is logical considered the situation. He hands one of the coffees to Gabriella and I give him a smile of support.

"Can I ask what happened?" I cautiously say. Logan runs a hand over his face. "A car hit him. The person behind was drunk. He was walking on the sidewalk when the car run him over." My breath stocked in my throat. "That is horrible." I whisper. "Do they know when he will wake up?" Gabriella shakes her head. "No, they don't. they think it will take a while but that is all they know." Her hands tremble. I grab them and guide her towards the small couch. She gives me a smile of appreciation.

I look over to Blade who is holding his brothers' hand. I hope with all my heart that he gets better. He is only ten for god's sake. Gabriella sees me looking at him and clears her throat. "You two seem to be getting closer." She says and I nod. "Yeah he has been a great friend." I clarify. "You are good for him." I turn towards her and chuckle. "Everyone says so." She sips on her coffee and looks at her two sons together. "It is the truth. You know, he hasn't brought a girl over since he spend the week with you" I bite my lip. "He has other spots you know." I say as I recall that time, I caught him and what's her name in the classroom. She shakes her head. "Trust me, I know he hasn't." I shrug my shoulders. "It doesn't matter anyways; we are just friends." I look back at Blade. Gabriella just doesn't say anything else, probably deep in her thoughts.

*

We stayed for another thirty-minutes before leaving. Gabriella and Logan didn't want Blade to spend all of his time at the hospital which I can understand but I also understand Blade. He wants to be there for his brother. Sammie was luckily stable and he has a 95% chance of surviving. That's the only reason that I got Blade with me, even though he was still very worries about the other 5%.

Logan and Gabriella would spend the night at the hospital. I dropped Blade off and told him I would be back in a few to check up on him. He nodded and got out of the car. I could tell that he was worried and stresses, totally understandable. I drove home to find my parents in their study. "Hey mom and dad." They looked up from their laptop and said hello. "Is it alright if I spend the night at Blade's?" my dad looks up to say no but I interrupt him. "His little brother was in a car accident and I just really want to be there for him dad. I promise no funny stuff. We are just friends." I am getting tired of telling everyone that. my mom signs something to my dad with her eyes and he sighs. "Fine just for this one time." I smile and give him and mom a hug. "Thanks guys."