Found and lost

TP POV:

Jeongguk quickly made his way back to the penthouse. He had to resolve this problem with Eve and send her back to heaven. If by chance Namjoon finds her anywhere near him or around, he will be deeply hurt. And she wasn't worth ruining this brotherly relationship over.

The raven walked to a dimly lit house as most of the lights were off. He warily walked in and looked around. But there was no sign of Eve. He was about to call her but she beat him to it. "Lucifer~" he heard her voice seductively call out. The devil turned to the voice and instantly his face became blank. There Eve stood clad in thigh high socks and lace lingerie.

She gave him a sultry look and tried to confidently step forward, but her stance faltered by how utterly bored Jeongguk looked. It was not that Eve wasn't pretty. She was drop-dead gorgeous. But Jeongguk unfortunately for her had his eyes set on a beauty who was leagues ahead. Taehyung could make Jeongguk go crazy even fully clothed.

"Cover yourself, we need to talk" he monotonously demanded before turning on the lights and walking towards the mini-bar. Eve gaped at him with a mixture look of offended and flabbergasted. She huffed before pulling the sheets over herself to cover up her body before joining the raven-head on the sofas.

She sat across from him and made eye contact. Jeongguk's eyes were so serious and cold that it made her gulp. This was a Jeongguk even Taehyung was afraid of. "I want to understand why you do this," he said whilst gesturing her form with his free hand. Another hand holding a glass of scotch. Eve furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean why are you being so annoyingly persistent when I have been rejecting your confession every time since even before Earth was created," he asked, his voice forever void of any emotions and his face stone cold. Eve was about to whine and nag but Jeongguk interjected again before she could get a word out. "And don't start with the whole 'I love you' crap. We both know that's not true. I can't keep pretending anymore"

"But I do love you! What do you want me to say?!" She frustratedly exclaimed. "Really now? Then tell me, what do you love about me? Do you even know me that well? Do you know what I like to eat? What makes me laugh, happy? What I do when I'm angry or when I like to be left alone?" He asked looking straight at her with his cold charcoal eyes. Jeongguk wasn't going to leave this be anymore. He wasn't here to play.

Eve gaped like a fish.  Because the devil was right, Eve didn't know anything about him. Jeongguk sighed. "Look Eve, enough with this facade. What is going on with you? Why are you doing this? What do you want to escape from by using me?" He asked sincerely, voice softening by the end of it. His eyes finally letting out a little warmth. And Eve broke.

"I-i" she stuttered, tears slowly seeping out of her eyes. Jeongguk gave her a short smile. "It's okay. You can tell me. You know I can keep secrets. I will try to support as much as I can" the raven encouraged.

"I c-can't control myself. Everything is spiraling out of control. I don't know what I want anymore. I thought getting you to love me will give my life purpose and I-I" she sobbed. Jeongguk sighed and sat up straight. "Eve, I want to know your history. I know I was there. For the most part at least. But, why don't you start there? Tell me what went wrong" he suggested seeing her struggle to explain her feelings.

Eve nodded curtly and started "for the most part of my life I was bound to someone. I was literally created to be someone's wife. And that suffocated me. I tried to accept it, I really did. I tried changing myself for Adam's taste and everything but it's just- I wanted an escape. A life where I do everything with my will and not how it was designed for me. And you were like that. You didn't give a shit what anyone thought. You did what felt right to you. Maybe that's why I was drawn to you-"