Jeongguk's devil face

TP POV:

"Who are you?" A little voice spoke to the three men gaping at him. Taehyung and the rest went to the location they were given and found a ten-year-old boy staying there alone in a shabby looking apartment.

"Um we are the police and we are looking for a bad guy. We came to ask a few questions, are there any adults in the house?" Mark asked with as much caution as he could. Taehyung and Jimin looking at him with an 'are-you-kidding-me' face. "You sound like a creep" "you're talking like a kidnapper," the two said at the same time leaving the officer flustered.

The kid just stared at them bored. "If you want to ask something you can ask from here. I'm the only one here but don't think you can try anything funny Mr. I have tricks of my own" the kid stated. The adults looking at him with amusement.

"We want to know who else lives here and if Emily Boyong has any connections with you," Mark asked. " Why do you need information about my mother?" He asked curiously. The three men froze. They looked at each other thinking of what to do. Taehyung bent down at his eye level and kindly spoke with a guilty look in his eyes "you see..."

And that's how they ended up with a small boy named Daniel clinging onto Taehyung as he sobbed softly whilst Jimin and Mark looked for evidence with heavy hearts. And surprisingly the child wasn't kidding when he said he had tricks. The whole apartment was set with traps and other contraptions. It was hard for them to move around without setting anything off.

By the time they were done the child was already asleep. "What should we do with him?" Jimin asked solemnly. "I'll stay here tonight. You guys go. We can contact child support tomorrow morning when I come to the station" Taehyung suggested. The others agreeing since the boy seemed pretty comfortable around the silver male.

And thus Taehyung came back to the station with a koala attached to him. Daniel just wouldn't let go of the silver-head and Taehyung didn't have the heart to refuse. He sat Daniel down in a chair beside him and made him busy with his phone. Mark provided some earplugs so he would not hear what was being said.

"I ran a check on the info we found in the apartment. Boyong was visiting the kid once every week. The reason she became a member of the local church was probably for the free housing and food since she needed more money to keep the child healthy. The church people obviously didn't know and she hadn't pledged as a nun because I guess she didn't want to make her sin 'worse'." Jimin informed.

"That didn't help since she was swimming in debt already" Mark interjected. "That's the thing, the kid has a ton of cash under his name. Boyong was from rich background, her parents left everything under the kid's name but didn't give Boyong any money. Daniel will get all his money when he turns eighteen. No one is allowed to open that account before that" the small male continued.

The other two looked at the small boy astonished. "Why would her parents leave her in poverty?" Taehyung asked confused. "I don't think that was the intention, Boyong was living with her parents before they died in a car crash. The house was sold off because of dire need. The kid's father doesn't seem to be around at all" Jimin said as he looked through his laptop. "How unfortunate" the angel mumbled.

"Do we know who the father is?" Mark asked. "Oh yes, we do." The small male replied as he turned his laptop to face the others with the information displayed in detail.

Kang Hanyeol, a thirty-six-year-old male. He lives not far from the shabby apartment Daniel was in. The man is head to toe dipped in debt and illegal activities. "No wonder they didn't want the dad around" Mark whispered to himself.