Redemption

TP POV:

"I knew you had a creepy vibe to you. It's a shame that it took such a long time to greet you properly" Jeongguk cheekily mocked. Taehyung looked at his twin confused.

"W-what? Ggu what do you mean? You knew each other before?" The angel asked. Mark grinned wide "know each other? Ah yes, we know each other very well, V. Or should I call you Michael?" The man's voice was menacing.

"What? I'm confused" the angel responded. Jeongguk kissed the top of Taehyung's head, his eyes looked dark and murderous as he stared at the former detective. "Let me introduce you then my darling. This, as you know, is Mark, one of my oldest prisoners. He had recently escaped hell, and now we know why" the raven spoke, his voice dark.

"Hell's prisoner?!" The angel asked, shocked at the new information. Mark chuckled snarkily. "That's true. He and I have a long history" the fallen said.

"Can you two stop talking in riddles and just tell me what happened!" Taehyung snapped. The two jolting at the sudden outburst. "Damn, you're feisty" Mark smirked. Jeongguk pulled Taehyung closer to him by the waist while glaring at the fallen. The other evil entities had their eyes trained on the twins' every move.

"This idiot was stupid enough to challenge me when I first got hell's throne. Obviously, he lost and became my prisoner" Jeongguk mocked. Mark clenched his jaw hard in anger.

"So I take 'mark' isn't your real name," the angel said while looking at the fallen.

"Oh, how rude of me. I haven't properly introduced myself. I am the leader of the fallen..." He said looked at Taehyung with a smirk when he saw how his eyes widened.

"Baruku" he finished.

"Ah! So it's you! You asshole!" Taehyung snapped at the man who chuckled at the reaction. "You were in hell recently, obviously you didn't come to challenge me again. Why were you there?" Jeongguk asked the fallen.

Baruku looked at the raven smugly. "I wanted to see if you really did hide in hell to protect your twinnie. It was getting hard to track him down you see" Mark replied.

"So you approached us voluntarily. And kept following me around? Why?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the smirking male. "Yep. I woke up in this body after escaping and found myself in the middle of a shootout. Poor guy must've gotten shot. How sad. I heard some officers saying the Morningstars had decided to become consultants to the police so I decided to pay you a visit. As you know Morningstar isn't a common household name" Baruku spoke with his grin intact.

Taehyung was shaking from how heartless and emotionless the man sounded. Jeongguk stood beside him trying not to just walk up to the man and tear his smug face off.

"And as for why, I needed you here exactly tonight, so I couldn't alert you of my presence of course. Now, why don't you stand there and look pretty for me so I can extract that soul of yours, yeah?" The fallen cockily spoke before snapping his fingers.

The entities behind the male formed spikes through their dark magic and threw them at the twins. Baruku just staring at them with his sickening grin.

He knew they wouldn't be able to deflect the attack since no armor could protect them from these spikes.
That's why the fallen couldn't be exterminated because they couldn't be killed. Unless it was a bullet from the shotgun that no one could pull the trigger of. But his smile instantly fell at what happened next.

Taehyung's wings extended forward and covered their appearance behind his silver feathers. The wings deflecting the spikes like a shield.

The fallen stared shocked at the phenomenon, this had never happened before.